Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tales from the Pig - Pig Show Edition

Oh. My Pigness!!!!  Did you know how many creatures there are like me in this town!!! It was a PIG PARTY!! I tell you!!!

The night before the BIG SHOW ( Little American Royal) Farmer Boy and his mom gave me a bath. Never mind that it was freezing cold, and they gave me goosebumps!  Farmer Boy brought out Hot water from the house, and made me a warm bathing solution. Farmer Boys mom was oh so gentle, dipping her towel in the water and washing me.... then that big ol guy - Wrangler Man came by and dumped it on me!! Sheesh!

Anyways - I clean up pretty good!
 We loaded up and drove to the show - I got a brand spanking new pen with fun shavings to burrow in! Farmer Boy cleaned me up till I sparkled!!!

And then.... we waited!!!

Until we were called to this thing.. the show ring.... sounds a little ominous....

They let me out of my pen and corralled me down a long walk way...


Then Farmer Boy and I got to wait in this pen ( that's Farmer boy looking up at his mom - she puts this black thing in front of her face all the time - she must be embarrassed of her face???)

Then they opened the gate - and Whhheeee - all of us were let into the "Show Ring"

Some of these guys looked a little like me - but, well, I have to say I was the shiniest!!!

This guy here - he talks... A LOT!! Holy cow - if someone took that stick out of his hand, I am not sure what he would do, just stand there I guess!.....    ( mom's note- he was an excellent judge...Pig just likes to pick on others!)

Check out this pig - isn't he the coolest colors? I still prefer my shining white skin - but that one's kind of cool!  and that little girl  - I could take her... oh ya!

Check out this one - he's totally brown - he must have a HUGE mud hole!!! Oink Oink!
 This is Farmer Boy's neighbor - she's pretty cool, she checked on us a lot. She showed us how to get to the *Show Ring*  and she had marshmallows - good girl!

Most of the time I was a well respected pig, I did not perform any bodily functions, I stayed- generally - with Farmer Boy.... but towards the end they opened a new gate..... what was I supposed to do?

8 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Must not have had the chocolate marshmallows handy. Wilbur certainly has adventures.

Kevin the Quilter said...

This is too much fun! When do we learn how the show ended?????? Farmer Boy looks like he's doing great with you!

Sherrill said...

WELL...?! HA Did little pig get an A+ or what? Your stories are so funny.

Terri said...

A Piggy Fashion Show? How fun! Lots of work to look this good!
Hugs

Needles, Fabric, Chisels, and Wood…Life is GOOD! said...

Love Pig stories!

Kate said...

Looks like a great adventure. How did it turn out?

Aunt Marti said...

I love to watch them show pigs. The pigs are so smart!

LizA. said...

Hey Pig, you better behave or they might start talking aout bacon......