Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A QOV block Drive!

The last block drive was so greatly appreciated, and I LOVE having so many quilts in different parts of the finish process. I LOVE that we are able to cover each and every wounded soldier as he or she comes in to our Battalion... I can not Thank you all enough for your support!!

And here is another chance to do it again - and win some COOL fabric!!


Vicki Welsh is a Master Fabric Dyer - and a master color theorist ( is that a word?) She has offered to donate a Fat Quarter pack to offer as an incentive for the block drive!!!  They will be in Pinks and Reds!!








How do you join in?

  


For every 5 (FIVE) Blocks ( Pattern Below)
 you send in
 to me
 you will receive a chance in the drawing for the Fat Quarter Pack.   

You can sew as many as you like - all blocks need to be to me on the 8th of March.
This gives you all of February to work on them ;-)

The drawing will take place that night, (March 8th)
after the mail has been delivered 
and the winner will be announced on Sunday the 10th of March.

Here is the Block - It is a Log Cabin in a different color Structure - Here are 3 of them:

They Finish at 12 1/2 inches 

The center Square is  4 1/2 inches



The next round is 2 1/2 inches 
You will need 1 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 strip
2  2 1/2 x 6 1/2 strips
1  2 1/2 x 8 1/2 inch   
This is a total of 26 inches . I measure my strips before I cut to make sure I would have enough to make it around .


Round 3:

You will need 
1   2 1/2 x 8 1/2 inch 
2   2 1/2 x 10 1/2 inch
1 2 1/2 x 12 1/2 inch
( a total of 42 inches prior to cutting)

Let's do them in two different colorways - 
Color way Number One - Patriotics
Color way Number Two - Plaids  ( OF ALL colorways - your choice)

Happy Sewing!!

Questions?: Feel free to email me.

My addy:

Alycia Quilts
31544 Us Hwy 34
Kersey CO 80644

15 comments:

Kevin the Quilter said...

I'm on it! STAT!

Gypsy Quilter said...

Vickie's fabrics are lovely. We'll be participating also.

TLC said...

Kevin is getting the word out about your QOV. BTW, I'm so jealous! ;-)
As the spouse of a retired Colonel who did 2 tours in Iraq & 1 in Afghanistan, I'm definitely in.

diana569 said...

Alycia, this will be my first time participating, so you pre-wash you fabric before making the blocks?

diana569 said...

it's a good thing I sew better than I type..... DO you pre-wash the fabric? :)

Unknown said...

Yay! I missed out on the last one, but can do this one!

By "plaid" do you mean like the ones you have pictured - red/white/blue, or just "any" plaid?

Unknown said...

Woo Hoo! I just made 20 blocks over the weekend. Now to get them sent off! :-)

Nancy said...

I just heard about this from Nina at Dieting on One Leg. Great idea and I'd like to participate. I have lots of plaids. Would you like them to be red/white/blue or any colors? Thanks!

Quilty Grammy said...

I will get some to you soon!

Anonymous said...

I have a box of smaller pieces of red, white and blue fabric. Perfect for some blocks. I'll be sending them soon....

Julie S said...

I sent you five blocks today! It was great fun to play with some patriotic fabric for a change!

wendiq said...

I put 30 in a padded envelope today and will try to get them off tomorrow or Wed. Each is different as I used up a lot of FQ pieces. Hope you can use them. I had fun making them as I know they are going for a great cause...

patty a. said...

I came over to your blog today from Vicki's blog as she posted about the QOV blocks you are collecting. I will find some time this weekend and make some for you. Thank you for constucting and distributing these quilts to deserving people!

Bonnie said...

I am so delinquent. I missed the beginning but I'm all over it now. I love to make blocks and mail them away for some one else to put together! And Vicki's hand dyes...yummy.
I'll have at least 5 to you by the deadline maybe more.

pasovasz said...

Alycia,

I am mailing 16 squares for the protect.

Thanks for continuing to serve those who protect us.

Susan S
NJ