Thursday, January 24, 2013

It's official

Christmas is over.... I have put all the Christmas Quilts away, and even found the last stuffed snowman...

I had a friend come over ( yes I do have at least one)! You can read about his visit Here , but after he left.... I realized I still had Christmas stuff out. I guess it takes a visitor ... *sigh*

He even wanted to see my horses....


We must have cut up a batrillion yards of scraps - all into 2 and 2 1/2 inch strips.... whoo hoo!!


And as we came upstairs to the house - I realized I had all my Christmas quilts still out, so I changed them up! Now I have my 2 cowboy quilts out.... along with my TileWork Pillowcases

And since Valentines Day is coming up - I thought I could really humiliate my boys ( just kidding) and added this Valentines day quilt to their couch!!
So.... do you all have seasonal quilts? Or am I just getting weird that way????

7 comments:

Quilt crazy said...

Yes, I love having seasonal quilts. It's red and white time now, then spring, the patriotic mixed in with summer, fall and finally Christmas & winter. Gives me a reason to keep making more!

Gypsy Quilter said...

I too have successfully failed to put all Christmas stuff away as yet. However, I did change out some of the quilts. The red and white ones will stay out for Valentine's Day. Dolly does not seem to mind. What will you be making with all of those strips, hmmm??? Inquiring minds want to know.

Impera Magna said...

I have about 3/4ths of Christmas put away but it seems something (or somethings) always crop up to interfere with me finishing that task.

The Christmas quilt on the sofa is more of winter quilt so I don't mind if it stays out for a while.

I don't have seasonal quilts.... I guess I haven't finished up all the quilts I want to get made first...

Scooquilt said...

Yes, I have seasonal quilts. You either need to have all different or none. I had no Christmas throw, so I used an afghan. When I went change that out to a spring quilt it looked stupid, so I made a winter throw last week. You can see it here: http://eveninginthegarden.wordpress.com/2013/01/18/finish-it-up-friday-11813/ And there are things about my house I never see till company comes over!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

No seasonal quilt yet - I haven't been quilting long enough, but I'm trying!

Kevin the Quilter said...

Your house was so inviting......why didn't you spread your Christmas quilts out so I could see them? Oh, that's right! We were busy cutting up a batrillion scraps! What a great time I had! Thanks for the invite!

Kate said...

I have a Christmas quilt, but forgot to get it out this year. Other than that no, seasonal stuff here.

Love the Valentine's Day quilt. My guess is as long as one of their friends isn't around to mess with their head, they don't object too strongly to that quilt.