Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Quilt of Valor Show

The first of 2013!!! Happy New Year!!  I hope you saw the QOV report for us - we presented 530 Quilts of Valor in 2012....Amazing.... 

Are you ready to be inspired for today?  

The first two quilts come from Judy over at http://www.patchworktimes.com - Check out the bright colors!!



I vaguely remember her saying that she had 8 log cabin blocks left and was going to make a quilt out of them. Can you believe those borders? I LOVE them!!!  



The next three quilts come from Jessie in LA.
These are number 10, 11 and 12 for her - made in 2012



I like the way this makes a chain and highlights the stars. 
Very cool quilt!


Number 12 from Jessie
I think this was a mystery quilt from
mysteryquilts4military at yahoo.com


Then we move to Peggy B's quilts!
Apparently I must have mentioned something about liking chocolate...
there were 3 bars of chocolate hidden in the quilts!!

aren't these lovely colors?
We do get women through the WTB - about 1 in 15 - so this will be treasured!!

This quilt from Peggy took my breath away.
When I first saw it I didn't see the secondary pattern.

Once it was layed out I was amazed! What a great quilt!!!

Another stunner
The colors of this one are just so soothing!


Ribbons - 
That what I see when I look at this one!
I love it!!!


Check out this pineapple quilt!
The batiks are just awesome - but the whole effect - its amazing!!


I think these are batiks too - 
I just love how the colors blend together!



Our last quilt for today - is also Peggys!
It is a very manly checkerboard!!!
 Isn't it a great quilt?  I hope one or two of them caught your eye! The more quilts I see the more I want to try them as well - and this.... is the reason my fabric stash keeps growing!
I am off to sew - I started the New Years Day QOV Sit and Sew - I need to put the blocks into a top now - enjoy your day!!

14 comments:

Kevin the Quilter said...

Awesome quilts as usual! Have fun finishing your top! HNY!

Ewespecial said...

I love seeing how quilters can use their talents make such wonderful quilts.

Caro said...

beautiful, beautiful quilts! I am intrigued by the disappearing stars - where can I find that pattern?

Jackie Dudek said...

Absolutely gorgeous Alycia!

Bonnie said...

Inspirational! Thanks for sharing. It makes me want to jump right up and finish the quilt I started last year and promised to you. Of course, I won't and I did send a different quilt to you so I don't feel real guilty -- only a little guilty. I will eventually get that quilt done and sent to you though. Hum, I should be able to do 3 quilts for QOV this year.... I think I'll take the challenge.

Happy New Year.

lisa0116 said...

Wonderful show!

LizA. said...

Wow--what a show. Thank you for sharing. I Just LOVE those ribbons. I've been sitting here staring at it trying to figure it out....I SO don't need another project, I still haven't found a bunch of the ones I've already started!

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Wonderful quilts. I always love seeing them. And then I think of all the time & work these generous quilters have put into them. There all still some things RIGHT in America even though we mostly hear about what's wrong. Just saying.

Sue said...

Wow

Norece said...

Another great group of quilts - they just keep getting better and better.I know our Heros feel the love that went into making these wonderful quilts.

Thank you Alycia

Rosa said...

WOW,they are jsut fabulous.
Congratulations to all the ladies!!

Phylklos said...

What a great way to start the New Year---a whole passel of mind-boggling quilts to get us into the sewing room with our cutters!!

The Quilting Elf said...

I agree with the above comment - the creativity of your quilters is just mind-boggling. Such talent! Great show.
Kathy T. in Tampa

Kate said...

Beautiful quilts! I could not pick a favorite, they are all great.