Monday, May 27, 2013

Brown Centered Strings

Our Heartstrings group is having a Memorial Day Sew in - and I thought between Graduation, parties, and chores I might get a few done..

I have 8 completely finished, 5 more to trim, and maybe 15 in process.... who knew my string bin had gotten that full?

I also worked on my Jacobs ladder quilt - the last 2 blocks... are Sewn COMPLETELY WRONG!!! I guess I should have payed attention - so I tore one out last night and will get to the next one today,


I was Crazy Crafty on Friday - 
I made Graduation cards for the kids..
So many of them participate in the same things we do so I sort of had pictures!!


And LTC T - 

This is Memorial Day
We were priveledged to meet him
and present him with a Quilt of Valor



He has two little boys, so we made sure to get him a bigger one
He told me it was awesome - all three of them can snuggle under it!


My Early Morning walk today
I LOVE airplanes

For more design walls head over to 

8 comments:

Terri said...

Love your strings!

Missy Shay said...

I've started making string blocks and am loving them!

Rhonda said...

Your string blocks are looking good.

Sue Daurio said...

Love the strings!! I have so many I'm almost afraid to even start with them cuz it's gonna take a while to use so many :)

Mary Johnson said...

I made 48 HS blocks and 16 string log cabin blocks this weekend and notice no difference in my strings. I'll never tame those bins!

Bonnie said...

Nice strings.... I wish I could do some too but I've got way too many things going now! I need to finish UFOs!

Kevin the Quilter said...

Those brown heart string blocks are really masculine looking, and I love it! Many thanks to LTC T!

Kate said...

Prett strings. It's hard to get much done graduation week. Looks like you did OK.