Monday, May 06, 2013

Jacob's Ladder

I have now entered what is called the *Plaid Phase*  and you will not believe how much plaid I have....

Maybe I should call it the Phase of Plaid?  Anyways I have been cutting up a lot of it!

Full Confession - I started these blocks a little bit ago...because a girl can never have too many projects.... and then the last time I worked on it I got a few more blocks done.....

A good reason to love design walls - if you look at it enough times you may see the boo boo....

I also started some string blocks. Our Heartstrings group is doing a Memorial Day Weekend sew along - and using brown strings in the center, and what ever you want for the rest. So i thought !!!! PLAID!!!

As the sow poke in the group I thought if I started now - I might have a good number of blocks by then!  Oh!! And yesterday was the first Sunday of my Happiness Project  that included sewing 1 hour a day. I woke up determined, and I told the boys I HAD to sew... and they LET me, no problem.

After I got my one ( or a little more) hour in I was such a happy camper - not much bothered me.....

For other design walls head to http://www.patchworktimes.com

17 comments:

Rhonda R. said...

What a great quilt. I like plaids too! Is the background cheddar? It really makes the blocks pop.

Rhonda said...

Love the Jacob's Ladder blocks. You can't have too many projects going at once, I say. Keeps you from getting bored.

Frances Meredith said...

That orange really sings!

Plum Cox said...

What an eye-catching quilt - lovely! And only one boo-boo isn't bad, compared to the amount of ripping I've done on some quilts when I haven't spotted glitches early enough!

Bonnie said...

I really like your Jacob's Ladder and that cheddar. I too have become addicted to plaids, or at least the collection of them! :o)

TLC said...

LOVE the orange and your attitude. A day without stitching definitely makes a difference in the happiness factor.

Snowcatcher said...

Add me in to those who thing the orange really adds some pop! I, too, think there's no such thing as having too many projects.

Chris said...

I used to say a girl can't have too many projects.....then I counted mine! I am at 42 at the moment.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Those colors are so......fascinating. What a fantastic image with that orange that seems to be floating.

Gari in AL said...

Several years ago I bought a bunch of plaid fat quarters and then they just sat there. Then a couple of years ago they became cats for a quilt for my hubby. Funny thing, I haven't bought anymore plaid but there is more in that drawer than there was before the cats. ??

Jane said...

Oh, I just love this quilt! I've been collecting plaids for several years but haven't started a project with them yet. Your's is really inspiring!

Sue Daurio said...

I'm about 3/4 of the way through my plaid phase but I have to say, this quilt may slow me down a bit. I just LOVE the orange with the plaid. Beautiful!

Kate said...

Love the secondary pattern these blocks make! Very cool!

Dar said...

I never considered myself a plaid girl, but your quilt may have changed my mind! Love how it is turning out.

Nann said...

Homespuns seem to be out of fashion at the moment (Joann's used to have many shelves of them; now just a few). To me they evoke cozy warmth. I like your cheddar-and plaid ladders very much!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love your Jacob's ladder - it's very striking!

Kevin the Quilter said...

Alycia! This is gonna be SOOOOOO awesome!