Wednesday, May 22, 2013

5/21 Quilt of Valor Show

I am making an attempt this year to make at least one Quilt of Valor a month, but it sort of seems like they come in waves instead... I was finally able to show you the one I made for the Veterans Challenge for HMQS....

And NOW!!! I can show you the one that I collaborated on with Kimmy of http://www.kimmyquilt.com/   I designed the pattern and you can find the links to all of the steps here  and of course - if you want to Quilt like Kimmy - you can take her Craftsy Class  Machine Quilting with Templates to quilt it.

I would love to take the credit for quilting this one - But alas - Kimmy did it - and it is the one she used in her DVD's - after I show it around a bit and take a little Ohhing and Ahhing it will go to a soldier.





Not to shabby eh?   It is truly gorgeous, and I hope the pictures do it justice!!

Will you be sewing this Memorial Day Weekend? Here are links to two Quilt Patterns that make the perfect size Quilts of Valor:

A Star Quilt  it finishes at 66 x 84 - I know this one can be made in a weekend.
Bulls Eye Log Cabin - it finishes at 60 x 72

Oh!!! Yes!!! The winner of the $20 Gift Certificate to Vicki Welshs Handdyes  is:  Julie in Georgia

Julie I will contact you ( or you can contact me) and we will get that to you!!

10 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Awesomely wonderful!

Bonnie said...

Wow! Kimmie's quilt is gorgeous. And, I've started watching the class but I'm not doing stuff like that! Thanks for the two links. After I finish some UFOs I will be able to start something new...about December at the rate I'm going!

Karol said...

Kimmy's quilt is so gorgeous, I'm sue it will be hard to let go of it ;-)
I have watched her class too and taken one of her classes at MQX West a couple years ago. I'd like to be half that good when I grow up. LOL

Karol

Terri said...

Another beautiful show!
Hugs

Roslyn said...

That will be one lucky soldier!

Rhonda said...

First, congratulations to Julie.
Now, that quilt is stunning. The quilting is outstanding!!!

Kris B said...

Love your yellow one at the top! Looks like a fast and fun one. Also love the one Kimmy quilted, it is rather spectacular. : )
I just did a QOV show of my own today. For the past year, I've been working on several to give to sons and sons in law of some friends. One mom came here just a few minutes ago to choose one for her son who just returned from Afghanistan and will be deployed again later this year. She cried when I just invited her to choose a Quilt of Valor for her son!

phxquilt said...

Two great quilts! The quilting is simply splendid... I'm not sure if I quilted every day and lived to be 100 that I'd ever get that good.

I love Wednesday QOV show day!

Julie in GA said...

Your quilt is beautiful and Kimmy's quilting on it is absolutely stunning!
Thanks for the prize--my first win on a blog giveaway! I am thrilled to get some of Vicki's beautiful fabric.

Kimmy Brunner said...

Thanks, Alycia, for everything you do for QOV. I feel so honored to be able to call you my friend!