Monday, May 13, 2013

DesignWall Monday

I am still working on my Jacobs Ladder - I even have 4 more blocks to add that I didn't quite get ironed yesterday.

The plaids are just a really interesting look for this one ( for me!)



I keep changing the layout as I add more blocks, to move the colors around. And I have no clue what size I will end up with!!

Oh ya!! I am also finished with Step one and 2 of Judy's Quilt a long - just printed step 3 and 4 so hope to catch up today!!

Most of our weekend was outdoors, so I didn't get but 20 minutes of sewing in - It was worth it though.

We went to Rocky Mountain National Park..... and there is still A LOT of snow on the ground in the high country!

I think I fell a little bit more in love with this place!

My kids think that we should come back in the summer and hike to to the top of this mountain ( below). I did not disagree... it's just gorgeous!

Our pastor made a comment yesterday about how precious your little ones are - It sort of made me laugh, because they are just as precious to me when they are big. I loved them little - and I love them older... a total different set of rules ;-)

This is my 6'2" boy - and yes - he is thigh deep in the snow - it was CRAZY!!!

Small Creatures... so cute!!

And then you get back down to the bottom of the park - and look what we found!! Literally 50 of them or more just grazing!
Back to work for me ;-)

For more design walls go to http://www.patchworktimes.com

16 comments:

Nann said...

The cheddar pieces look like a lacy cutout superimposed on the plaids. Nice!

Julie in GA said...

I'm not usually a big fan of Jacob's Ladder blocks, but I love yours. That cheddar with the plaids is amazing!

Bonnie said...

Wow! The scenery is beautiful. And, for my poor eyes, were those horses grazing? I'm assuming wild horses? Beautiful. Wait til the boys get into their mid 20s. Even more fun... and then grandkids. Life is good!

Missy Shay said...

I am really liking your Jacob's ladder! I can never decide on the layout for my quilts until I am done also.

Podunk Pretties said...

The cheddar makes this quilt! I see a trip to the LQS I need cheddar!

~Kris~ said...

That cheddar looks like it floating on top of your quilt. Really amazing look. Thanks for sharing the gorgeous outdoor photos. What beautiful scenery and a great looking family.

Rhonda said...

I think the plaids gives your blocks a 3-D effect. Love that look.

Terri said...

Isn't color weird? Your gold seems to hover above the plaids. Magic? I'd say so.
I really miss snow. (I know this year is not the time to admit this to you all who have had sooooo much of it.) I haven't been in any for a decade! You have to admit it is fun so long as you don't have to drive or shovel it.
Hugs

Unknown said...

We visited RMNP [for the 5th time] in May 2009 when we lived in IL...on Memorial Day weekend - the first weekend Trail Ridge Road was open for the season. It had 50-70 foot drifts they'd plowed through.

We hiked Bear Lake on 6+ feet of snow. It was so weird thinking we were "floating" that far off the ground we typically hike in summer/fall.

Now that we live in CO and our son goes to the BSA Camp Tahosa near there, we always visit when we're in the area.

Kate said...

Looks like a fun weekend. Just beautiful countryside.

Your Jacobs Ladder is really coming along. Love the color contrast, it makes for a great graphic overlay with the plaids.

Annie said...

I love the cheddar with plaids! Good job!

Rocky Mountain National Park is such a beautiful place! I've been there several times, but would love to go back again!

Kevin the Quilter said...

GO! GO! GO! You're gonna finish this one! I LOVE IT! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

needlesandpins said...

Just awesome the plaids with the cheddar fabric. Great choice.
Brigitte/A

Tami C said...

Love the pictures from Rocky Mountain National Park! It is so beautiful up there. My husband and I spent our vacation camping in many of the Colorado state parks in May 2001. That was probably the best vacation ever. Your cheddar Jacobs Ladder blocks look really good!

LizA. said...

I love Rocky Mtn park --2nd place only to Mt. Rainier natl park! Come on out and I'll prove it to you!

Passionate Quilter said...

Love that cheddar with the plaid! It just looks like it is floating. Awesome.