Sunday, May 19, 2013

Happiness Project week 3

Alright  - I admit... I can not be happy every moment.... and I kinda honestly thought that if I told myself to be happy, and enjoy the moment I could force it... lesson learned.  Now how to change my attitude during these times....

One of the things I was going to do this week was focus on my cars, and you all - oh. My! Goodness. I think that common sense is just not common. We live out of town, and all past experiences tell me that my vehicles have to go to town to get fixed. After 5 hours of calling, call backs, and scheduling, the window people graciously decided to come here, as the auto body shop just couldn't fathom a person not living within 10 minutes of town... it was quite hilarious... But!  I do have 2 new windshields, no new door handle, and a recall to go take care of ( in town!)      ( I am calling this 50% done)

Saturday evening, as I was being grumpy, and wondering why I just couldn't shake it, my kids came running in and said MOM - look out back - there was a double rainbow....


Just shy of 2 years ago we lost a cousin and her 3 girls - we call them the Over the Rainbow girls....

I think..
Okay - I know
That popped me out of it!
 And now! To continue working on things that make me happy! I think I am going to try to get back to the hour of piecing - that really did soothe me, and make me relax. This last week I didn't get to piece but on Friday...  

And I am going to try to pinpoint at least one good thing each day... maybe... even write it down - so I focus on finding the good, rather than the grumpy  ( I have a Grumpy Sweatshirt from Disneyland... I have been wearing it LOL - just to warn people!)

In The Happiness Project Book - she only focuses on one aspect of her life per month - I think I understand that better now.  To stay focused requires a little discipline , at least for me.

When you get unhappy - what is something that you do?

6 comments:

Terri said...

Our Daughter, at dinner, used to have her family tell about their day - two things: The best thing about the day, and the worst. Everybody got a turn to talk, and she kept up with them all (4) that way. I think the practice got them all to look for some good thing to tell about.
I get depressed, too. Weather, without sunshine, does it most often, but there are other reasons. Smiling will help. It sets your brain to making endorphins that make you feel happy. Exercise, too, they say, but the only time I feel happy exercising is when and that it is over!
Hugs

Kevin the Quilter said...

First things first. Don't feel alone here. We ALL get that way from time to time. Me, more than others, anytime I know I have to go to work! LOL Sewing is my therapy!

Nancy said...

My #1 go to antidepressant is Dove milk chocolate, just a few will do. Petting my cats (soft and purry)and looking out the window to see the wind blow through the trees or watch the birds helps. When I get really down I go into my sewing room and pet some fabric or just plan another quilt in my mind.

Gypsy Quilter said...

When I have a really bad day, I go out and hold a bunny. I've got some extras if you need one.

LynneP said...

Rainbows are my most favorite thing and they always lift my mood!!!

Perhaps trying to sew 15 minutes per day is more easily attainable than 1 hour. And of course, when 15 minutes is up, you can continue to sew if you desire. :)

Needles, Fabric, Chisels, and Wood…Life is GOOD! said...

My friends call me Pollyanna because I am always playing a version of the "Glad Game". I have quote in my studio that says,
"Being happy does not mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections." (I don't know the author, but I truly beleive this.)Still, I have my moments of "grumpy" but those pity parties are not allowed to last more that 10 minutes. lol