Friday, May 17, 2013

HMQS Veterans Challenge Quilt

I can finally say - It. Is. Done!  It is in Utah and is awaiting its presentation to a Veteran there! I am so excited.

I have never entered a challenge before where the quilts would be in a quilt show. I like knowing that the quilt would be presented to a Veteran later on too - a win win situation.

 These are the fabrics we were sent... I am usually a find fabrics to make the pattern I want kind of girl... so this was a challenge right off the start for me!
I had lots of help along the way.
As I had my quilt up on the design wall - it left me room for other's opinions.
The boys have lots of opinions.....

But I got it pieced and starting quilting it..



and more quilting

And here it is!


And again - I think this one shows more of the quilting detail.
You can click on it to see it bigger

And the back!

And the binding.
And why yes... I did do the binding.... It was the major holdup in getting it sent off 
*sigh*
and that is my finish!!  For more finished head to:
http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com/
and
http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

audrey said...

The quilting is lovely, and the yellow is such a fun and cheerful choice! Yay!

Julie said...

What a great quilt! I also often pick the pattern first than the fabric, it is much harder the other way around.

marcella said...

You did such a great job! The quilting designs you chose are really wonderful looking. Congratulations on such a nice finish.

Ranch Wife said...

Well done! I love that the boys put in their 2 cents on your design - it made for a great finish!

Kevin the Quilter said...

It's perfect! I love how the colors are set off by that gold! And, I love that binding! (I hate binding too!)

Beth said...

the yellow really makes the fabrics pop. great job

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a great quilt for a great cause. I love the touch of yellow.