Friday, May 24, 2013

Harriet's Quilt

My Dear Harriet is one of my best partners in Crime.... 
she is a wonderful binder, encourager, and all around fun lady. and OH BOY -
 can she yell ( her grand-kids run cross country with mine!)  

She is part of a Military RV group, and she decided that a particular gentleman who had served in 
*World War II
*Korea
and!!
*VietNam

Deserved a little recognition - I whole heartedly  agreed!!

Here is the Quilt that Harriet Designed:


I quilted it
What a priveledge!!
The stars got swirlies


The center panel got a lot of echo quilting
Which apparently I did not get a picture of!


I was invited to the presentation - and I am so sad - I didn't get one picture!

But it was so cool.
This military group consisted of members of ALL branches of the military.
They did the *song* for each branch,
they did a POW/MIA ceremony 
it gives me goosebumps just remembering.

And then I was asked to do the presentation with Harriet!

The best part !
The smiles and the tears
and the Hugs!!

For more finished Fridays head over to:


6 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

What a great way to start Memorial Day weekend!

Kat Scribner said...

this quilt started with a beautiful panel and so many elements to pull from to enlarge it with borders. this is a great job - lovely quilt - and deserving recipient! Thank you for sharing.

Kevin the Quilter said...

I don't know which is more beautiful, the quilt, the story, or you two ladies for what you did for this man!

Anonymous said...

Well done ladies. A beautiful quilt and a deserving recipient.

Sarah Craig said...

Lovely quilt and quilting! Whoop whoop!!

Kate said...

Gorgeous quilt for a very special person indeed.