Monday, January 08, 2024

Spirals, Sloths and Stars

 I had a plethora of really fun quilts to quilt... and each quilter has some really fun ideas


This one was a spiral star, and she wanted spirals drawn without rulers... oh boy - I was a little worried about that one but it turned out pretty cool!!! Organic looking!




Another one was the CUTEST sloth Quilt, and!! she used Sloth fleece on the backside... so you just had to quilt Sloths into it!!!

This quilt reminded me of the Van Gogh Starry Night - so I had fun with swirly quilting.


I like the variety of quilts that people make- and its so fun to try to figure out how to quilt them, within the clients guidelines, use and of course... Budget ;-)

Happy Monday!!!


13 comments:

Linda said...

Your custom quilting is pretty amazing. Love the spirals, and the sloths are so, so cute!

Sara said...

You choose perfect quilting designs for those quilts. Good job!

Delighted Hands said...

Those decisions drive me crazy now--I love how you embrace the challenge and get great results!

Judy in Michigan said...

Well done!!

Kathleen said...

Fabulous quilting - impressed especially with the sloth!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Fun to see the different quilts and quilting motifs. I love those sloths!!

Gypsy Quilter Designs said...

What fun quilts. Thanks for sharing.

San/ Gypsy Quilter Designs

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Looks like you've been having fun. Those sloths though!! Super cute.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Kudos on the organic spirals - very cool. And I agree about the blue and yellow needing swirls!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wonderful quilting! Thanks for sharing all those ideas!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Alycia! Oh, the sloth design on the sloth fabric is just too darn cute. GREAT job on the freehand spiral, and the swirls are perfect for a stary night. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Kate said...

All three of them are really fun. My favorite is the stars, the quilting is really fun on that one.

Anita Jackson @ Domestic Felicity said...

I quilted a giant star block in the spiral and it turned out to be one of my favorites!