Sunday, January 21, 2024

Vacation Day #2

I got sidetracked!! you need to see more of my Hiking Christmas trip!!

Our Thumb Rock day was wonderful - and it was warm and we all had a great time... then!! The next round of kids arrived and they brought SNOW with them!! Enough  that we sought out the next cabin over to borrow their snowplow to get us out. They were so nice - and we gave them a bottle of homemade Kahlua as a thanks. 

It was kind of funny - we are not new to snow, we have all the equipment we need to get out at our own house, but none of us thought of it at a strangers place... 


I realize I am starting at night - but! The night after our Thumb hike - our youngest two asked the ol folks ( us) to go to a bar and sing karaoke - and Oh my gosh - it was hilarious!!! We had a blast and my kids are really fun to hang out with! All of our stomachs hurt from laughing so hard.


Coolest thing was leaving the bar at night - NO ONE was on the street and all the lights - It was BEAUTIFUL!!! ( Until we ruined it by our Groupies!!)


Next Morning the next round of Kids arrived and we convinced them to freeze their booties off and hike around the lake...


These two come from a pretty warm climate anymore - but they were game. I promised Burgers  for lunch - so that really helped haha!



This is the lake we hiked around - our starting point was at the other side , this is the halfway mark. and gosh - it was SO pretty.  And of course cold. The snow was snowing, and the haze was hazing... Oh I love this weather!!!



I know its not Christmas anymore - but! I took this on Christmas Eve Day.... so lets just pretend okay?

Back in town!!!   Penelope's Burgers and Fries ... If you are EVER in Estes Park - go there.  Little Bit ( pictured with us) got a triple decker and he could barely finish.   Oh!! He did tho - we gave him grief until he did !!

And us - with my best friend... The Grinch!!

You'll have to come back to see our Hike to the Divide.... 

Linking to:

My Corner of the World

9 comments:

Donna said...

Looks like a cold but very fun trip!

Linda said...

I love your hiking photos - keep them coming! Looks like your kids are good sports with the cold weather hiking. ;) That burger place reminds me of our old favorite Fuddrucker's, which used to make their own buns and grind their own burgers. I agree with you about the beauty of cold weather, it's pretty in that cold, stark way - love it!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Penolope's Burgers and Fries sounds like my place to go in Estes Park I will remember that! It looks like you and the family had a terrific time

Kate said...

Sounds like a very fun vacation. Gorgeous scenery! It's always nice when you get to hang out with the kids. I feel so fortunate that mine actually likes coming home and doesn't mind hanging out with the old folks. Sounds like you've got the same great deal with your three.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Estes Park is so pretty at the holidays! Looks like you had a blast spending Christmas up there with your kids. I'm always impressed with your snowy hikes - can't get my hubby to do that anymore!

tz_garden said...

This looks like a fun clan, for sure! The joy is contagious :)

Linda Swanekamp said...

Looks so heavenly, so gorgeous! I am so thrilled you and your family could enjoy it together! Thanks for the spectacular photos!

Delighted Hands said...

So glad you are having good family time and bit of R & R!

Lillian "sognafaret" said...

Loock like you had an amazing time all of you