Monday, January 01, 2024

Lightening Streak # 2

and no - I am not referring to my puppy... who is a BOLT of lightening.. and a speed demon!!



You might remember - my quilt guild did a challenge quilt and the person heading it up wanted us to make blocks with a gazillion shades of a color in it. My blocks were yellow and Green.

When I had the fabrics out I just couldn't put them back away - so I made a Yellow and White Lightning streak top - and now... its on to the greens....

I found a little color app on the web and it said purples went well with greens. I agree -that is one of my most favorite combos. I headed down to the trusty stash. I  pulled some dark purples.   

and here is where I am as of today...


I believe I have enough Green 2 patches to make 90 blocks total. They measure 9 1/2 inches .
I am not sure if I will make one quilt top or two. the Jury is still out on that. 

I need to head over and check out what the Rainbow Scrap challenge color will be for January - maybe I will make these blocks for that in 2024.  ( edited to add.... I just checked and January is GREEN!!Go me!!! I'm ahead of the game!!!) 


Come back Wednesday for the Intro to Stars Like Spaghetti
Come back Friday and Link up your Finished ( or not) Friday post
But for today - go have some fun!!!! 


Linking up to:
Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Sew and Tell at Melva Loves Scraps
Midweek Makers at Quilt Fabricatiosn



Find me at all these places:

   
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook

10 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Very fun way to match up the colors for this lightening strike! Happy new Year!

Linda said...

What pretty colors together! This is going to be a "striking" quilt. ;)

Kathleen said...

Fun that you kept going on the challenge with the fabrics you pulled. I just checkedRSC and am happy to report it is green. Good luck finishing the lightning streaks in no time at all...that is what the name suggests!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oh, I love the green and purple together and hooray for being ahead in the RSC challenge this year. Sounds like you 2024 is off to a great start. :)

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Purple and green go well together. Good luck.

Kate said...

Green and purple is one of my favorite color combos too. You definitely got a good jump on this month's RSC color.

scraphappy said...

You made a great choice on getting the green blocks started early this year. They look great with the purple.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I've always loved quilts with strong diagonal lines and this one is great!!!

Sara said...

That is a really good color combo. Excellent choice!

grammajudyb said...

Gotta love green and purple! My favorite too! The Lightning Strike is a cool design! Looking forward to your QAL!