Monday, January 29, 2024

16 Patches that are not green... on the design Wall

Green was the ( is the?) Color for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for January. Did you notice that I figured out how to turn my headers Green?  and now I need to figure out how to make them Red ( Februarys Color)

I have been working on my Lightening Streak in Green, but if you know me - QDD sets in way too easily and I started looking thru some of my blocks....and they had a green piece or two in there.

So I thought I would put them on the design wall and have another Quilt for the RSC this month.


There is just not that much green.


Since the blocks were already up there, there really is no reason WHY I should put them back right? So I might have this in the process of being Rowed already.... 

However... I don't think this will put me in the GREEN category for this month 🤣😂🤣


Linking up with:

12 comments:

Linda said...

Love this quilt with the plaids and checks and wonderful colors! I put my green bin away, I was pretty much tired of green from the first day - lol! My greens are just not very pretty!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I spy a bit of green, but I think you are right that it won't qualify as another quilt for RSC. But it looks great!

Sara said...

All the plaids in different colors - only a quilter would KNOW they will work so well together. Awesome!

Delighted Hands said...

What are you talking about--there is green. Settled! It's a lovely scrappy design!

Melva said...

No quilt police... remember that! There is green, so it counts.
It can be fun to go on a bit of an archaeological dig in the stash and to remember or try to remember where the little bits came from. :) Thank you for sharing in my weekly Sew & Tell.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Alycia! I do spy some green in those blocks. Not a lot but hey, no one said your RSC block has to be saturated in green. I'd say you have all the RSC colors already in this quilt top - enough for the whole year. You definitely have red covered, too! Just MHO. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Gypsy Quilter Designs said...

Yellow and blue make green, so technically, yes, you have green!

San / Gypsy Quilter

Debbie said...

I think finishing up a warm and cozy quilt is better than doing greens. Love all the homespuns and plaids. I had collected them for some time myself. Yeah for the almost topper!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

I'll give you credit for green. It just mixed with the red to make brown and you couldn't stop it. Love it.

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

The scrappy plaids are so fun! I'm starting something scrappy here today. Just that time of year I guess? Have a good one!

Kate said...

Oooh, very scrappy! Maybe not green, but hopefully those blocks took a bit out of your scrap piles.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

I do see some green in there Alycia...mostly brown, but some green! I do love the 16 patch blocks though! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!