Wednesday, January 03, 2024

Stars Like Spaghetti Intro and Fabric Requirements

 





Who is ready???????
Hopefully a LOT of you!! There is still quite a need for Quilts of Valor around the States.... I know Texas is a Big military state and they could make sure your quilt makes it to a Veteran Touched by war.....

Anyways....

Stars like Spaghetti

A Patriotic Mystery

Finished Size 64 x 80 inches

 

This is a fun easy quilt, but it is designed to use your scraps, and strips. I am going to give you the yardage as best I can, but I can guarantee you will want to use scraps.

Each step will include cutting and stitching for that clue. There is not a mass cut list, you prep each group of fabric as you go. You may have leftovers from one clue that will be used on the next clue. Don’t put anything back until the end ;-)

Please remember it is a Mystery – there is not always logic when stitching these blocks out – because… I don’t want you to guess what it will look like before you finish… the *mystery* of it!!

All that!!

If you are using scraps just make a pile… you will be using :

Lights – 1 ½ inch strips, a few 2 ½ inch pieces and a few 3 ½ inch pieces  (approx 4 yards)

You need TWO contrasting Darks

Since this is intended for a Quilt of Valor I use Blue and Red – use what you would like

Red (aka Dark #1) 2 ½ inch strips, a few 1 ½ inch Pieces and a few 3 ½ inch pieces (approx 2yd)

Blue (aka Dark #2) 2 ½ inch strips, a few 1 ½ inch Pieces and a few 3 ½ inch pieces (approx 2 yards)

If you want to attempt yardage – here is what I think you will need:

Lights – Nine Different Lights (all measurements are Width of Fabric)

L1 : 4 inches                                        L6:  11 inch

L2: 12 inches                                       L7: 13 inches

L3:   7 inches                                       L8: 14 inches

L4  : 8 inches                                       L9: 15 inches

L5:   10 inches

 

Red – Seven Different Reds

R1:    6 inch                                         R5:  11 inches

R2: 6 inches                                        R6:   13 inches

R3:   8 inches                                      R7:   15 inches

R4:  8 inches

 

 

 

Blue – Seven Different Blues

 

B1:  3 inches                                       B5:  8 inches

B2:  6 inches                                       B6:  8 inches

B3:  6 inches                                       B7: 12 inches

B4:  8 inches

 

Final Border:

1 yard

 

Backing:

4 yards

 

Binding:

½ yard

 

 

 

I will be using a Companion and Easy angle for 2 steps – if you have those – yay!

If you don’t – I will show you another way, but! You may need a few bigger scraps. ( it will make sense as we go – I promise)





Enjoy!!!!






5 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds very intriguing!

Delighted Hands said...

Exciting stuff!

Anja @ Anja Quilts said...

Have fun! I don't think I can join right now, but maybe I'll play along later on.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I love stars and spaghetti! A double win for me...

Joni said...

When I saw the name, my mind instantly went to Dustin Lynch's song Stars Like Confetti...I will forever in my mind be singing Stars Like Spaghetti....ha!
I was just pulling these colors out of my strings. I am ready for a Quilty Girl mystery. I have 1 AF retirement quilt to make, 1 Marine retirement quilt and 1 Navy retirement quilt to make this year.