Friday, June 30, 2023

Pink Lemonade, June Spinning Goose and!! Finished!! or not Friday!!!!

Happy Friday!!!! 

Back in January - I dug into some happy bright prints and made Quilt tops and this week!! I got to quilt one of them - and you know what?? They are still bright and Happy!!! The colors just made my day and made me smile all day!!!


Remember Monday - when I told you we had picked up the hay ( well we got the last load Tuesday) and now it could rain again?  The weather took me literally - and so!! 

We have indoor photos!!! 





In my stash I have a bolt of this rosebud Flannel - I think... I bought it to make PJ's a while ago, and then I never made pjs... but!! I think it makes a great backing!!

The quilting is Feathers, butterflies and spinnies... I thought it was cute!


also - sliding in at the VERY LAST MINUTE.... My June RSC Spinning Goose block!!

Now... I read, and I write things down, but sometimes I Do Not comprehend my notes.... And I wrote down Bright blues /Bright Greens... I think when I wrote it down I knew I should so one color - but!

When I selected my fabrics - apparently I didn't remember my original thought - so I made a 2 colored block - and I LOVE IT!!



I even pulled fabrics for the July Block ( REDS) ! Maybe I will get it done before the last day of July???


Alright!!! it is your turn!!!



And now!!!
It is your turn to link up those finishes or not finishes!! and brag away!

Please link your direct post!!

and I would love a link back - get everyone inspired to finish things!!



******************Link Up ****************************



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
*****************The end****************

Linking to:

19 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

The lemonade quilt is lovely, so bight and cheery! Happy stitching!

Kate said...

Pink lemonade really fits that quilt, it's really bright and fun. I need to finish off my RSC blocks for June. Yours turned out beautifully!

Leanne Parsons said...

That is such a bright and happy quilt, Alycia! I love your two colour block - it's a good thing you didn't remember to only use one colour!

Cathy said...

Awwww...pink lemonade is so sweet!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Congratulations on the lovely Pink Lemonade finish - the backing looks perfect - and for the June RSC Spinning Goose block. Hooray that you got all the baling complete before the weather decided to heed your thoughts.

grammajudyb said...

I loved these colors when you showed this one back in January. It’s perfect now that lemonade season is upon us! If it ever stops raining! I think the rosebud print is a great backing! Is there a young girl in your life who might be the recipient of this one? Or maybe it will go into the Someday Chest for a future granddaughter! 😉

You two color spinning goose block it awesome! I can see a whole quilt of 2 color geese!

Anne-Marie said...

The happy quilt turned out great and I love, love, love that pinwheel block!

LA Paylor said...

the title pink lemonade is so visually fun
LeeAnna

Kathleen said...

Love the pink and yellow lemonade quilt - at least that is what I thought of right away. It made me smile and I was so happy to see it!

Chantal said...

I love your two-coloured block too. That Pink Lemonade one looks very good inside too. Congrats on the finish. ;^)

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh your beautiful Pink Lemonade quilt is delicious!

Delighted Hands said...

The fabric sure made the simple quilt pattern shine!!! The blue/green block is perfect!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Personally, I love how so many RSC, such as you, follow the directions - sort of. The results speak for themselves.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Your bright and happy colors make me smile, too! And I love the two color block. Good luck with the farm chores.

Jenny said...

I love using flannel on the back of children's quilts.

Sara said...

I love the colors in the Pink Lemonade quilt. So fun! And the Spinning Goose block is awesome - definitely one I want to try out someday.

Katie Z. said...

Lovely block and lovely finish.

Hurrah for rain!

Susie H said...

Very sweet quilt. Will make whoever cuddles with it smile!

Linda said...

Perfect name for a gorgeous quilt - I LOVE the colors! As always I love your spinning geese. Glad you got some rain!