Monday, June 26, 2023

Procrastiquilt # 2 - now in top form!!!

I got just a little bit of stitching in this weekend and Yay!!!

My Procrastiquilt Number 2 is now a top!!!!

I think I should rename it to Stars and Bars or something like that - but... I will forever see it as the Procrastiquilt!!!



Or maybe I should call it flying in the wind... ( well really the breeze - but wind sounds better)



All of these stars were so fun - but I really liked this cow one .


Which reminds me - we also did this!!!!! Yay!!!! We finally had 3 solid days without dew, fog or rain - got the hay dried  and it got baled!!!!!   ( K says I probably just jinxed it haha!! but I don't think so - now its picked up we can have rain to make the next cutting grow!!!)






Back to my quilt - I used Blue bars for one row and red for the other - And I really liked that. I thought about mixing them all up - but I thought it needed a tad bit of consistency.. 


I also did a Garage sale this weekend at my parents house - I sold mostly stuff from my house to make room for their stuff... I got rid of furniture, old sewing machines, irons, shoes, and a breadmaker - but I am bringing home photos, old albums and even SLIDES!!!!  Good thing is there is a slide projector in there and I can't wait till fall so we can check them all out!!!



One load - to the barn safe and sound - we have two more loads to go.... just a funny... This was MUCH easier when I had 3 boys around to help...... just the two of us is not as quick!!

Linking to:

20 comments:

Kate said...

Love your Procrastiquilt! It's such a unique and fun setting. Yeah, it does seem that certain chores go much slower when you don't have a kid or two around to help.

Kat Scribner said...

I love your procrastiquilt, Alycia. Really, we should all make one of those.

Vicki in MN said...

I think you did right by keeping blue bars in one row and red in another or it would have been pretty busy:)

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love the simplicity and graphic quality of the quilt. I can't imagine all the work you do on the ranch to keep it going. Thank you for sharing.

Michelle at https://mybijoulifeonline.com said...

This is such a cool design! Procrastiquilt! LOL! I love it. So glad you got the right weather for getting the hay baled.

Bonnie said...

Hum, a lot of the farms in our area (which includes a lot of VA as there aren't a lot of farms in the suburbs!) use the big round bales of hay. You need to entice the boys home with food so they can help with the work. I hope you had a very successful garage sale. The PQ (procrastiquilt) looks terrific. It feels great to get blocks to a top, doesn't it? Enjoy your week. Hopefully there will be more quilting than farming going on for you.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I really like the bars being blue, then red, then another blue row. The Procrastiquilt looks fantastic! And I bet it takes a lot more time without the hands and help of your boys. I'm glad it dried out enough for you to get the hay baling done!!

Sara said...

That is a terrific quilt. Stars & Bars would be a good name, but I had to chuckle at your "other" name for it. We all probably have one that could be called a Procrasti-quilt. Mine was the appliqued trees and houses that is finally in the hands of a quilter.

Sara said...

Wow - that's a beauty! We probably all have a Procrasti-quilt project, and it feels extra good when they finally get finished. Have fun with all the old photos - what a treasure!

Delighted Hands said...

that's just one downside to empty nesting! lol So glad you got the house emptied--not an easy job. The new quilt is beautiful--I am making one very similar right now!!!

Bernie Kringel said...

This quilt is really pretty Alycia. Love the bars just as arranged. Super finish and I know you're pleased to have the top done.
I have a question - with hay, do you replant each season or is is like grass and just keeps growing?
Do your boys live close enough to come help on certain days? I bet with a good dinner and sending some chocolate chip cookies home they might be enticed to help out?

cityquilter grace said...

another very pretty quilt alycia....and my aunt had a gazillion slides...so many of me and my siblings when we were small...wish i could have gotten prints...

carol l mckenna said...

Wow! ~ gorgeous quilt ~ such talent

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBu Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Sherrill said...

Oooh, I love your procrastiquilt! Maybe it's good you procrastiquilted! Wonky stars are fun to do--might have to try procrastiquilting myself if it turns out that good!

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Your Procrastiquilt is awesome, Alycia! I love patriotic quilts. Thanks for linking up with MM!

Kat Scribner said...

I really really like this design, so fun. and since i got the go cutter, i enjoy making units with triangles.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

What a wonderful quilt, I also love the name ;))
Thank you for sharing it and linking up!

maggie fellow said...

really nice pattern for patiotic.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

It seemed like every time we cut the hay, it would rain! Then, we would have to rake it so it would dry faster. Once we got it baled and in the stack, we'd be hoping it would rain so the next cutting would be fuller! As for the help. . . .my dad and uncle farmed together. Between them, there were four boys and me to help change irrigation pipe, pick rocks, pull weeds and later cut the hay, bale it and stack it. . .then they grew up, went to college and most found jobs away from farming. . . .my dad and uncle actually had to HIRE help to bring in the crops. I'm told that this was a very sad day for the two of them!

I love your stars and bars quilt. It is stunning! Some projects take more time than others. I wouldn't call it procrastinating, I'd term in marinating. . . LOL

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I love your stars & bars quilt, Alycia!!! Such a great and simple design!!!