Monday, June 12, 2023

A Crazy fun QOV weekend

 I always try to plan, be organized, and make sure that I have things spread out, until I don't!!

And this weekend was on of those weekends - but!! It was also so awesome!!

Saturday morning found me up early and heading to one of my Veteran Breakfasts.... and!!

We got to award TEN Quilts of Valor.... 





I love doing this - and you know - I always have a quilt that I worked on in the presentation - but this time!

I had 5!!! I was so tickled that it was those Veterans turn to get the quilts I had made for them - and I might have gotten tongue tied... I might have told them that one of the quilt was a churn dash design, and that It might also be called Hole in the Barn Door - and I might be the reason why it is called that.... and now you can guess why they limit my tractor time.... 





See the Hole in the Barn door?  Anyway.. the Veteran that received this quilt came up to me after breakfast and told me this was the perfect quilt for him - he loved to farm and saw the significance. and he might have told me I could take tractor driving lessons 🤣😂


*Linking to:


11 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

What a wonderful event for the vets! So proud of you!

Nann said...

It's a great design and what a charming compliment!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

How fantastic that you were a part of making 5 of the 10 quilts that were presented. And it's always so special to see them all together with their quilts!

grammajudyb said...

So amazing! You are an inspiration! My group needs to get organized! We have not gotten back in the swing of meeting and sewing since COVID? Pretty soon that’s not going to work as an excuse!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

So happy to see one of 'my quilts' go to it's forever home! Thanks for sharing!!

Delighted Hands said...

What a beautiful day! The hole in the barn door quilt is amazing! And it found the right owner!

Susan said...

I love the Hole in the Barn door quilt and story! What a wonderful event. I'm finishing the last red stars for LMSW - maybe this week, but definitely in June!

Gretchen Weaver said...

This quilt is really neat especially since the veteran enjoys farming too! Happy stitching!

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

I chucked at that Hole in the Barn Door limiting your tractor time! LOL This is so wonderful that you were able to attend the ceremony and give away five of your beautiful quilts. Such a worthy organization. I am SO thankful for our Veterans! Thanks for sharing this with Monday Musings!

Cathy said...

Kudos to you, Alycia on the 5 quilts and the presentation and of course kudos to those gorgeous men! Hole in The Barn...oh, yes...more fun than a Churn Dash!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I love your quilt, such a modern look, and the story around the name is fun ;) Congratulations on the 5 quilts!
Thank you for sharing and linking up!