Monday, September 14, 2020

Design Wall Monday

 My design wall has not changed much... but I did get six more of my Greek Key blocks cut - and this is where I am in the stitching process.... I think if I had just had one more hour free in the day Sunday - I could have been there.... but!


I had places to go... and things to do... and well, you always need something to get you out of chores on the weekdays... right??



See... it stayed the same
just in case you thought I was joking





Now for the Book I just finished... Oh my.... you all... Beatriz is just one of the best writers in the world... or at least in my world. and this book DID NOT disappoint!!!

I am a huge fan of Flying, of women flying, and of stories of women flying..... 
Oh this one....


I am sure it was a million pages, and that was still not long enough - I wanted the story to go on...it flips back and forth between two people and two different years and you all... one is a pilot and one is a photojournalist ( both women) and .. I swear this is just a book you all have to read!!

PS - I should add... there is swearing and some talk - but if you make it G rated in your head.... well - I am a G rated girl - so I just *bleep* it out


Oh and Check this out!!
My friend - who owns Summit View Designs  re designed my WebPAGE!!!


has a whole new look!!
we are still adding a few things - But I totally love where she has gone with it... 

I kinda LOVE it!! she is so talented!!



Linking to:

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

her books must be popular at my library I just checked on line and they have 8 of her books but only one is available - I like women flying books too! my great aunt Laura was flew small planes between pacific islands for the red cross in WWII - we have a photo of her with Eleanor Roosevelt when she was doing a fact finding tour for her husband

Delighted Hands said...

Life does interfere in stitching time, doesn't it?! lol
The Greek Key blocks are coming along beautifully!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I LOVED that book - and I wanted it to continue as well. I'm so glad I read it! Off to check out your redesigned webpage.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome redesign of your website, Alycia! The center photo of your header looks vaguely familiar. Am I really a cover girl?!?!

Squee!!!
:o))

WeedyMama said...

Have you read "The Flight Girls"? I think that is right. If you want the author I can find it for you, but it is current. I enjoyed it earlier in the year. I always appreciate a book recommendation.

Well, Rome wasn't built in a day. I doubt Athens was either. ;}

Bonnie said...

The new web page looks fabulous. Nice job by Summit View Designs. I will have to check on the book. I'm always up for a good book. Sorry you didn't get as much stitching done as you wanted... said the gal reading blogs instead of stitching!