Monday, September 21, 2020

Disappearing Shoo Fly blocks

 are up on the design wall today!!

My QOV group is making these, and some are starting to arrive, and I made some.... and I have a few in progress - so I need to finish those!!  

But! here is where we are so far!



I made that one with the brown background -I think it might be pulled and be a label or something.... but three of them I made - 4 of them Cindi made and 10 of them Kathy made... and I need to make some more to catch up with them!!

the block is called Disappearing Shoo Fly  - it is a Missouri Star quilt company pattern.

I like how it is coming along!!



linked to:

Design Wall Monday

Monday Making

11 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

I really like this block, Alycia! Will try to make a block or two for you. When does this collection end?

Delighted Hands said...

What a great collaborative project! The one odd block might be okay if it had some others like that thrown in! Fun!

Carlie Nichols said...

Ooooo! I like this one too. Think I'll look up the pattern, but I think I've figured it out. What size is yours? Carlie

Kat Scribner said...

I've always liked this block but it does make me think of champaigne glasses, dont know why since I dont drink. LOL

Sara said...

So pretty! I love the "disappearing" technique used on most any traditional block. These will make a stunning QOV.

Turid said...

Looking great so far.

Tami C said...

I didn't see any mention of the size. I'm trying to keep up with things better but must have missed this one! Been doing a lot of sewing recently with bags and masks.

Vicki in MN said...

Great block, I haven't seen it before so I will have to look it up.

Bonnie said...

How fun is this one! Someone did a book on this concept but I didn’t buy it. Maybe I should ask for it for Christmas? Or just play with the idea of cutting up different blocks!

Quiltinana said...

Have 2 tops cut out for this pattern for QOV. Love it.

Rebecca Grace said...

Looking really good, Alycia! It's a really interesting block, kind of looks modern and vintage at the same time.