Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Happy Half Square Block FIFTEEN

 I have changed sizes of my next blocks - but seeing as you aren't measuring what mine come out as.... you won't be able to tell - haha!

BUT!! I have been making a bunch of the Disappearing Shoo Fly blocks - and with the half squares, you only get one - and then have a left over - so! the leftovers are becoming my HHST blocks.... which is great - Double Trouble - Two Quilts in one!


So !! here is       Happy Half Square Block FIFTEEN





I think that the blocks take on a whole new look with the color of the background fabrics - and I am finding a lot of the beige's left in my buckets - as I start to think they wash the blocks out.... I am going to have to think of ways I want to use them!


See you tomorrow for the Fabric Requirements of:


PS - while I was playing in photoshop creating that banner - check out the new banner I made for my Etsy store.... 





someday when I open Photoshop - I am going to be so happy, and know how everything works, instead of yelling at my computer to just do what I want ;-)


I have to tell you how much I love Kat!! she has volunteered to take these blocks and make mock up quilts of them - and I LOVE it... i think it is really fun!  Here are some cool mock ups of this one!


I truly love the on point 
and if you pretend you are a great seamstress
those blues make another pin wheel!









Enjoy!!!  and get those UFOs done!!

9 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Boy. Alycia! This block makes a great stand alone quilt. Thanks for the mock-ups, Kat!

Bonnie said...

Looking good. I should fine some fabric to match what I started weeks ago and keep at it. Someday!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

My UFOs aren't diminishing quite as fast as new projects that I dream up; ha! (As long as they stay in my head I'm okay...) Your on-point version of this one is stunning-- looking forward to the mystery! Great post today, lots of inspiration! :)

Kat Scribner said...

Ooh, we have one more block, then can make up a 16 block 'sampler' of all of them. Something else to look forward to. LOL

Andee Neff said...

That is a very pretty block!

Sheila Oxley said...

That's a fun block! I like it on point too, love anything that you get a second pattern with!

I've used Photoshop for years...started around 1996. If you need help let me know. I may not know everything yet, but I'd love to help!

Dorothy said...

No PDFs of these fabulous blocks? Even if we were willing to pay?

Kate said...

Another fun block! I like that on point setting, it would make a very fun quilt. I'm still learning Photoshop Elements, but every year I pick up a bit more.

Delighted Hands said...

I really like the layout in Kat's second mock-up!!!! Have fun with this block!