Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Happy Half Square Block Fourteen

     Can you believe it 

-  we are on 

BLOCK FOURTEEN




I really like this one too - it looks like and hourglass to me.
you know the sands of time
( okay if anyone gets that - I will laugh - 
that was a big show for my roommates when I was in college)

and here is the drawing of it.



I really like that it is three colored - but I can see it as 5 colors ( you know 4 bolds and a background print)  I think it would be the cutest baby quilt!!

And now... for the Famous Kat Mockups!! ( be sure to visit her blog too !)





below
this is what I think would make the cutest baby quilt
In lots of bright colors!


but I think i like the layout below the best!!



Enjoy!!

hope to see you back tomorrow... I have a NEW announcement!!!




linking to :

Midweek Makers

6 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Days of Our Lives fans, were you?! :o))
The hourglass makes a great quilt block and Kat's quilt mock-ups are amazing!

Kat Scribner said...

Like sands in the hourglass, so are the days of our lives. lol I gave up soaps when I hit menopause. They didnt appeal to me anymore, in a BIG WAY.

Djames said...

I remember walking thru my dorm lounge and the announcer saying that..was it guiding light? My roommate was always into that. I remember in HS Dark Shadows was very popular but was same time as after school sports so never got into it.

I found some fans I dont remember what I bought them for..guess they were waiting for this pattern! Will be good leader ender,thank you!!

Miaismine said...

Oh my! I had forgotten about "sands in the hourglass"! I remember watching Another World with my mother as a child and then later as a young mother. I think Days of our Lives was right after that? LOL!
Your quilt block is very versatile. I really like the pinwheel layout as well!

Delighted Hands said...

Very nice choice on the layout! it really 'fancy ups' the old block! My Mom was watching that as I got home from school--I never got into them! (well except for Dark Shadows....)

Kate said...

Another fun and versatile block. Kat's mock ups are all pretty fun too.