Friday, September 11, 2020

A Cowboy Finish!!! and Finish Friday!!

 Happy Happy Friday!!

When I moved to Colorado they told me that if you weren't happy with the weather - wait 5 minutes... haha!  This week we had miserable HOT summer ( 100) wind, a little Fall... and Winter!! ( we had 2 inches of snow - more in the high country!)  its been fun!!!

And the good thing... I got some client quilting in!!  ( finished FOUR client quilts)  AND!! I even....

Drumroll please.....

Bound a Quilt....for the Finish!!

Tonight... I will start planning my next finish!! Yay!!


I tried to get my Dog to help hold the quilt up - but he would have none of it!! haha!

Here is a close up of the quilting - its so fun - horse shoes, and boots and hats!!



And then.... just because I am sure that you want to see the back.
I found such a great print - I even made a mask for my hubby out of it!!



 
Ohhh Doesn't a finish just make you want to start another quilt? !!

                                         Well - Now it is your turn to share your finishes for this week!!


**************************************************************************




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
****************************************************************

10 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome Cowboy quilt finish, Alycia!!

Judy V in Greeley CO said...

Love the cowboy quilt with its eye grabbing combination of colors and prints!!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Congrats on your finish, binding and all! That is indeed the perfect backing for your cowboy quilt. It's so nice to be able to use a special fabric on the back that relates to the recipient of a quilt. My hubby requested a cowboy quilt a few years ago, after vacations to a ranch in Wyoming and a visit to Texas. I used map fabric for the back of his because of his love of maps.

Preeti said...

Well Gee Alycia, you are a champion!!! Did you really say dog? Please tell me it was autocorrect. I know dogs are wonderful and can be trained to do a lot but quilt modeling may be a stretch. The cowboy is a handsome hunk. Very outdoorsy kinda like the Colorado scenes you share with us. I am sure it will be a wild ride sleeping with this one :-)

Snowcatcher said...

Your quilting is always so fantastic. I hope when I grow up, I can be as artistic and steady-handed as you. :)

Great mask fabric for a cowboy! And we actually got five more inches of snow than you. Can't believe it!

Bernie Kringel said...

Yes! A finish makes me want to start a new quilt. But I still have three more tops to finish. What to do???

Melva said...

Just 2"? We had at least 6. It was hard to measure because it was melting so fast and loaded with moisture that compressed it alot. But we needed the moisture so bad. A blessing for sure. MelvaLovesScraps(at)NolanQualityCustoms(dot)com

Karen's Korner said...

Well done on your finish. Love the backing fabric.

Delighted Hands said...

That is a great accomplishment! And the mask from the backing fabric is pretty cool, too! Yeehaw!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Congrats on the quilt finish!