Monday, May 08, 2023

The 4th Hawaiian....

 Progress on the Hawaiian front!!


Quilt top NUMBER FOUR is now together!!!     and up on the design wall - it is being my spring decorations right now!

The pattern is called Wiggle Time   and its a great and easy pattern!

I worked with the scraps I had threes of - and got it to this size... which is big enough. ( don't make me measure it - too many details haha!!)

I really liked the teal.. reminds me of waves on the water... and maybe there is a dolphin or a whale in there! Ohh... maybe that is what I should quilt on it when I get to this one... hmmmm


Number 5 has been started!! But! My husband took Friday off - and he has been making us work VERYVERY hard... I didn't make enough progress to show you what I have started on.


Also!! ELEVEN Quilts went to my Pathways Hospice.... its kind of nice that my hair cut place is not to far from there, so my goal has been to deliver quilts when I get my hair cut....Two birds and all that.  They loved this last batch ;-)  its fun to see them look at them all.



Happy Stitching!!!


Linking to 

Design Wall Monday at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

Sew and Tell at Melva Loves Scraps

Monday Musings at Songbird Quilts

Midweek Makers at QuiltFabrications

13 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Thls is a really pretty collection of Hawaiin quilts!! Nice to combine a great quilt drop-off with the hair cut! lol

Melva said...

Love that pattern. :) It would be a great scrappy quilt too. I'll store it in my brain's library and see if I can remember it in the future. Thanks for showing in Sew & Tell.

Bonnie said...

Great quilt using small bits and pieces (except the background.) Hum, I might need to order that pattern... Thanks for enabling me!

Nann said...

You are getting a lot out of that Hawaiian print!

julieQ said...

First of all, I love your horse picture!! Raspberries to be blown on a Monday! Such a wonderful thing you are doing with your quilts, going to hospice...a great thing!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

As soon as I saw the teal, I thought it was a perfect way to tie in the ever present ocean with the Hawaiian prints. Lovely!

Linda said...

Oh I like that pattern! I should never look at your blog - lol - too tempting! Have you been working outside? My husband is waiting for me to "fully" recover from my face surgeries before we spread mulch. Ugh, my least favorite thing to do. Maybe it will take awhile for me to feel better. ;)

Sara said...

The blue really does have that water-y feel, and works great with these prints. I'm amazed at how many quilts you've donated lately. Wow! Great work!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

I love the Hawaiian prints on that teal background. It can't help but brighten someone's day when it is finished.

AnnieO said...

I've looked at the Wiggle Time pattern often--such a fun design for happy and bright fabrics.

Rebecca Grace said...

I love this latest Hawaiian quilt of yours! The Wiggle Time reminds me of giant surf waves, which is perfect with your theme prints. You're also giving me ideas for some improv squares that have been marinating/rotting away on the furthest corner of my design wall because I had no idea what to do with them... Thanks for the inspiration and congrats on your finished quilt top!

grammajudyb said...

What a great job on Wiggle Time. I love that pattern. I've made it twice and now you make me want to make it again. Love the Hawaiian prints and the teal background. Great Choice!

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

What a fun Hawaiian quilt, Alycia! And I LOVE the horse photo! I have that attitude sometimes as well! Thanks for sharing on MM.