Sunday, May 21, 2023

A new roof always leads to more.....

 Good Morning to you!!! Just so you know -  Morning is getting awful early around here... But!



That was the best time to get to planning, and prepping to get up on the roof! The lean to/tack shed needed a new roof - after all this rain - we learned how badly it needed a new roof!!

So the kid!!  And yes! Those of you wondering - that is Little Bit... all 6'7" of him!!  - He certainly outgrew his name!!

Once the guys got up there they also saw where some of the headers had rotted, so we re cut those and replaced them as well.....



We may have decided - a lot to late - that it was faster to build this thing ... than it was to repair - but!! It is getting there.

While the guys worked outside taking the roof off - I worked inside removing everything. We knew it would take more than a day, and with the way the weather has been lately - it was going to rain at some time!!




I love getting left alone with my camera... As I was removing things... I also saw where the roof had leaked onto the floor ( you can see it in the bottom right ) and so!!

A floor removal was added to the Fix it list!


Roof being replaced... floor being torn out.... all this so my piggie feed stays dry!  Okay just kidding - there is a lot that goes in here.

Before we lived in our big house , we lived in a mobile home. Oh how I loved that little place... you had to keep things whittled down. One of us got pregnant, and realized that you should probably have a room for that baby - and apparently we just boxed up what we had and moved it out here.

I claim pregnancy brain as I do NOT recall haha! But as I was pulling things out I pulled boxes out - and we sorted thru those as well... I found all my college papers, my books, business cards of the people I had met my last year at college... it was kind of fun to remember those things!!  AND!! prove to my kids I was smart!

I was an Ag Business/Animal Science Major - I helped develop new software for ranches - for tracking their finances - but also their cow calf info. That was pretty cool to read my programming notes - way before we knew what real programmers were!


Trying to be artsy again!!!



Linking to:

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

I don't know if you ever watched this old house, but the head shaking the guys did every time they began a section of the rehab and found what was hidden was always part of the plot. It seems every little fix has this. You did a find job being artsy with your photo shot!

Delighted Hands said...

Good progress with the repairs! Great to see the photos!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Thats a beautiful sunrise and I love your arty photos.