Friday, May 12, 2023

A Plus Quilt and ..... Finished ( or not) Friday

What a week!!!!

Pig says * Oh Hail*   Now feed me... haha

Monday was spent finishing THE LAST T SHIRT quilt before high school graduation... and of course that meant binding.... I had to psyche myself up for that!!

Tuesday I photographed a family and all the extended family for their Grandmothers 102 birthday!!!

and Grandma.... was amazing - she was SO cute!! She had to talk to the "Photographer" privately... she wanted to make sure I didn't get her cane in the photo - cuz she hates using it... I want to be her!!

Tuesday Night was spent wondering if the windows were going break, and what animals were going to escape in the middle of a torrential HAIL storm!!!


It did not make my night. The lightening was crazy and the downpour flooded us... I live on a hill, and we had standing water and a lake in the arena so you know Wednesday... was spent cleaning up and preparing for round 2 that came Wednesday night. 

The biggest problem with this weather?  I have to unplug all the  machines and the computer - even tho I have a whole house surge protector... I kinda don't believe they will save everything with this type of Lightening.... I had to read.... it was so rough   ( haha!) Just kidding.... I played in the fabric stash...


When everything is unplugged you start to look at your fabric to see what you can start... I found Charm Packs - there were three of the same kind and so....




I tried a yellow background

A blue Background


Pink....


I finally settled on Yellow and made this!!
I think it is about 45 x 50 ish 


NExt up - use the rest of them with the light blue... I did not care for the pink at all...

So thats my week.... 

What have you been up to?

 *Link up
* Visit lots of blogs
* grow your bucket list
* buyt more fabric
* stitch faster
* and have more to show for FONF!!!





************Link up here**********************


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
******** The End***********************

11 comments:

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Oh hail no, you've had some bad days this week! Hope everything gets back to normal soon. I like what you've got started with the plus quilt (I agree about the pink!).

Paula, the quilter said...

I, too,unplugged. But I still sewed by using my treadle machine. Treadle on!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Loved your story on the grandma's family photo. And the pig photo, too! Glad you didn't have any power surge. I run around and unplug the longarm related cords here when that happens, too.

Delighted Hands said...

Storms sure do add a bit of adventure to our lives! Hail is tough on man, beast and plant! The new plus quilt is cute!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Isn't this rain crazy?! We didn't have any hail up here, but now I'm flashing back to 2013 and worrying about flooding. Love your plus quilt top - that was the perfect way to play with your fabric in a storm!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Wow, what a week! May we all be like the 102 year old grandma as we age. I think the plus quilt looks great with the yellow background, and congratulations on finishing up the last Tshirt quilt!

Angie in SoCal said...

Oh those power surges do a number on our electronic babies. What a week you had. May the succeeding ones go better. That plus quilt is going to be a stunner with that yellow background. Blessings,

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Alycia, the yellow does look great! It sounds like you had quite the storms. Good luck with all of that!

Linda Swanekamp said...

You just opened my mind- I can make the plus quilt even if I done have enough identical squares- but scrappy goodness! Wow, what a great idea for me.

Nann said...

What caught my eye was that pig!

Kate said...

What a fun photo shoot! We've had the lightening and rain, but thankfully not the hail, at least not yet. I've taken to unplugging the router and TV before I got to bed. Happy stitching this week. You definitely made good use of your electronics black out.