Tuesday, May 02, 2023

A Patriotic Procrastiquilting (or Proquiltinating)

When you are supposed to be getting ready for your Quilts of Valor sew day …. And you see something that catches your eye …


And you say - I’ll just get those up on the design wall…..

And then you say - let me just stitch a few together

And before you know it …. You have a top !!!

Procrastiquilting ( it’s a word - I promise!)


The rest of the story?
I got loaded up - didn't forget but a few things and!
We had a great sew day!!!

The end


Linking to:
Midweek Makers            at Quilt Fabrications
Needle and Thread Thrusday atMy Quilt Infatuation
Finished (or not) Friday at AlyciaQuilts
Oh Scrap                         at  Quilting is More fun than Housework

15 comments:

Vicki in MN said...

That is a stars and stripes one for sure!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Procrastiquilting is a word that I am definitely going to be adding to my dictionary; thank you! What a fun bars and stars variation.

Robin said...

This reminds me of an article I read years ago in Reader's Digest. It was called; "The Positive Power of Procrastinating". You definitely made good use of your time.

loulee said...

A great distraction....

Cherie in St Louis said...

Oh, yes, Procrastiquilting is definitely a word! I'm a huge procrastinator and so recognized it immediately ;-)

Quilter Kathy said...

I love that word you just created! May I use it!?!?

Linda Swanekamp said...

Stars and Bars- what is not to love?

goldencomet said...

I really like this quilt (even though I am Canadian) especially the wonky stars. I actually have made two quilts of Valor when I was wintering in Florida a few years ago. ... My take on proquiltinating is quilting when I am procrastinating about cleaning. LOL

Kate said...

Oooooh, fun! That's a very fun setting. Congrats on a great sew day.

Deb said...

We sew love a sew day! Great stars and stripes!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a fun sew day! Love your version of Stars and Stripes!

Bonnie said...

Let's hear it for squirrel activities. Great things come from them sometimes!

Rebecca Grace said...

What a delightful reinterpretation of “stars and stripes!” So fresh and fun, yet definitely recognizable as a patriotic quilt. Great job with your “proquiltinating!”

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

I love your procrastiquilt! It's what we all hope to make each and every day. I just love the stars and stripes together. Simple and effective wins the day!! Well done!

sue s said...

I, too procrastiquilt! My garden really needs some work but, it's been too cold, windy, rainy, etc.... and I just HAVE to finish this quilt top today!