Wednesday, May 03, 2023

May Day

May Day!!! I was so lucky - my cousin decided to come to Colorado and she wanted to go to the Wild Animal Sanctuary... so I met her and her friend there - and!!!

Took my camera!!

I haven't picked up my big camera since February... Isn't that sad?

it was a beautiful spring day and the animals at the Wildlife Sanctuary were waking up!!
( If you haven't checked this place out - you totally should - they have rescued so many animals and provide a super amazing habitat for them)



 I felt like the parent that I am ... and was thinking - Children!!! You are why we can't have nice things!! Settle down...

Of which - they never did!



This is a lynx or Narvel?   I can't remember what the sign said - but it looked pretty happy!!

I imagine this Lion was talking to a mouse!!! Maybe not - but she was amusing!!


and then this bear.... He and his buddy were just laying around.  I am pretty sure he was just happy to see the sun!!!  The weather here has been....  capricious... someday I will expand my vocabulary!! 





And back to our Bathing Beauties - they entertained me for quite a while - and then... settled back down!
Maybe the bath salts finally melted????

This was a super fun day - and makes me want to get back out with my camera.  I took a secret trip in February ... that I finally downloaded my images and will share soon - but since then... its been all work!!!

Three years ago May 1st was the start of more serious health issues with my parents - who knew that time would go so slow and so fast, and so many changes could happen..... oh boy!! 

So just a funny - I started full time cooking for my parents that day... and continued until my dad passed in February....

Now my Dog... he can't eat dog food anymore, and so now I am cooking for him - I told him I wasn't going to make him eat as much broccoli as I made my dad eat tho!! haha!!!  Puppy has a tooth infection, so probably when it is cleared up he can go back to eating dog food, but I bet by then I will have spoiled him ( ps Puppy is 13)

5 comments:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Time does have a strange way of going both fast and slow. Sounds like you had a much needed day out; I'm glad you spend time at the sanctuary with your cousin!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Those bears (and their bath salts) are just too funny. What a fun place to go on your day out.

Kate said...

Looks like a fun day out. You should definitely get your camera out to play a bit. I like your description of time as both fast and slow.

Delighted Hands said...

What a beautiful array of photos to mark your visit! Hope Pup gets some relief soon!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Alycia, those were great pictures. I love seeing animals having a good time :-) Good luck getting your puppy back to dog food! You may have to start feeding him broccoli! Thanks for sharing these photos and I hope that you get to use your camera more!