Monday, May 15, 2023

Patriotic Procrastiquilting (or Proquiltinating)... again!!!!

 I am at it again.... I was supposed to be doing chores - but its muddy.... and I already stepped out of my boots twice... I didn't want to do it again... and so!!

I got busy...

With....

More Procrastiquilting!!!!!




This ( above) Is my final design for Top 2!!! I liked the one that I had going the other way ( HERE)

Top 1 Already has a back and is prepped to go on the Longarm 
when I have a break in the schedule

BUT!!! I 
1. Had more blocks, and
2. wanted to see what it would look like heading the other way.... 

I kinda like having more stars and less stripes on the new on!!

and I also have 3 rows already put together - so yay me!!! 

Just an Aside - we have been moving a lot of animals and making temporary corrals so we can drain the ones they are in - now this is a dry photo - it was a prep pen for my pigs so I could move them and  re straw their pen... 

Since then I think we have had to move the temporaries a million times to drain a LOT of water ... ( it has been raining for a week! - and yes I will take it but I will complain about the 4 gazillion inches of mud!) 

 check out my husbands helper!!!



Kittie likes to be involved in everything... and Kittie is a funny little pain in the fencing department. But!! If you don't let Kittie help... she climbs up your pants!!

Linking to:

16 comments:

Nann said...

Proquiltinating -- a great word! I like both the stars-and-bars.

Snowcatcher said...

I love the Stars and Stripes in both! We can’t complain about the rain, either, but I wouldn’t be disappointed if the window well stopped flooding the basement…. :)

Bonnie said...

OMG -- I just figured out you made bunches of more blocks to set your blocks a different way. Wow. I like both but I'd think the stars took more time. I'm always amazed at how much you get done plus working your ranch. You are a SUPER WOMAN!

Sara said...

Your little helper is pretty cute. I really like that mix of stars and stripes, both vertical and horizontal.

Delighted Hands said...

I like the new arrangement of the quilt--it's fun to use leftover blocks to play and then have a top in almost no time! Sorry about the mud--unfortunate byproduct of the rain!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oooh, I like the layout for quilt 2. Complain away about the mud - what a mess! I hope all the movement and drying out gets everyone settled in again soon.

Susan said...

Love the cat help! LOL I, too, like the more stars. I think when I finally finish the LMSW, I will have to try out this idea, too. Ugh, mud! You are a far better woman than I am about that. I hope you have SOME rain, but not enough that it doesn't dry out and you have to keep draining ... a happy medium!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I like the blocks going vertical and horizontally! I wonder if it would look to chaotic diagonally?

Linda said...

Oh I love your Kittie! We used to have an indoor/outdoor cat who thought she was a dog. She would follow us on hikes through the forest and "help" my husband in the garage. Yours looks like a sweetheart.
Love your quilts - both ways! Lol on procrastiquilting or proquiltinating!

Lanae said...

I love Kittie! Worth it if she wants to climb up a pair of pants! And can I use the word procrastiquilting even if I don’t quilt😂

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Cute helper ;)) I love both versions!

Melva said...

Oh the mud! But the moisture is welcome for now. No doubt it will dry up as it does each year. 😉

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

I think I may have to adopt that new term you came up with - proquiltinating!! Love it!! Love the second one and also your hubby's helper! So cute!! Thanks for linking up with us at MM.

Mrs. T said...

Oh I need to do some proquiltinating 😁

Preeti said...

Gorgeous quilts and an adorable helper! Win win!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a cute helper. How interesting that she has decided to be part of all activities!