Monday, May 01, 2023

More Hawaiian Stuff ( okay the 9 patches!!)

 I started playing around with the Nine patches I had left over from my design attempts.... I also had

 one lone Churn dash left.... 

just one....

and inspiration hit!

I would surround my churn with the nines and frame it and it would be beautiful!!!


The churn was just a tad bit smaller than the nines... I could trim the nines ... but!!! I could also frame the churn!!

Trim 8???? or Frame 1.... you saw where I was going with that right??


and so!!! Ta!Da!!!  One more Hawaiian Top done... except... I still have more 5 inch squares in the Hawaiian bucket!! when I started cutting them up - I must have had a lot of time on my hands... and cut WAYYYYY to many... but I love them!!



Just in case you  need a little Hawaiian breather.... Makapu'u Point Lighthouse.....

Gorgeous Hike!!!

6 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Very clever use of the many Hawaiian squares!!! Really pretty!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Framing the one Churn Dash block would have been what I chose to do as well. Have fun dreaming up what to with the remaining 5 inch squares!

Karen said...

Oooo, that's gorgeous!

Kate said...

Love all those bright and fun prints. Framing was the perfect way to go for that center block.

Michelle at https://mybijoulifeonline.com said...

What a happy quilt!

Paulette said...

Gorgeous quilt! Such great Hawaiian prints!