Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Puppy

My Puppy ( who is over 13 yo) has been seeing declining health. He had a tooth abscess that we soon realized was much more complicate than that - and there was no cure...



Puppy was a good help with knitting... see how well he holds the yarn? I'd like to say he detangled it well... but I am not sure that was his objective!!!




He had lung problems, but since he loved to do chores with me, I got him his own wheelbarrow. ( Its one of those with two wheels on the front so super stable)

that way he could see his Pigs and his Cows - he still did not really care about those horses... they made his eyes boggle ;-)



He had the Best ears ever.... and any time you thought you were going to sneak a snack,  you were totally WRONG!!



He was a good cattle dog.... as long as he rode with me... in the saddle!!! He told us you could see better from up there and he could herd his cows better....


But he was also good at fence patrol.... making sure they stayed in the right pasture





We adopted Puppy from the pound a long time ago.... Actually he was supposed to be Little Bits dog, but you know... Little bit had to go to school during the day..... and then he left for college... so Puppy adopted me



RIP Puppy... you are very much missed

19 comments:

Material Girl said...

So sorry! Losing a member of the family is so hard.

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

So many fond memories. It doesn't help with the initial loss but keep those memories strong. Sorry for your loss!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Sorry for your loss. Very sweet memories.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's so hard to lose our furry family members. Looks like Puppy was well - loved. Sending you a big quilty hug, Alycia!

Katy Sweigart said...

I’m so sorry, Alycia. They worm their way into your heart and life seems empty when they go. Praying for you.

Miss Alissa said...

Sorry to hear about Puppy! They have an amazing way of working into our hearts. I bet you have lots of good memories.

abelian said...

I am so sorry. He was a good boy! Dot

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

So Sorry for the loss of Puppy. May your happy memories help you in this time of sorrow.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

It's obvious that Puppy was a huge part of your lives and so well loved. I'm very sorry for your loss and hope you can hold on to and keep remembering all those good times together.

Suzanne said...

Sending hugs your way. What a beautiful tribute to a great boy.

Michelle at https://mybijoulifeonline.com said...

I’m so sorry. Having to say good-bye to a much loved pet is one of the hardest things.

chrisknits said...

This hits so close right now, I am still missing my pup who passed recently. They are our world aren't they. I am sure he will still guard the fence and herd the cattle along with you.

Sue in Scottsdale, AZ said...

Alycia, I am so sorry for you and your family. I know how hard it is to lose one of our fur babies. You are fortunate to have so many wonderful memories of Puppy. My thoughts are with you.

Sherrill said...

Ohhh, I think that is the hardest part of owning a pet..they usually go before you do. So sad about Puppy but I'd bet he had a great life with you guys.

Gypsy Quilter Designs said...

This is heart breaking news. But oh what a wonderful life and incredible family he was fortunate to be a part of.

Farewell sweet puppy.

Delighted Hands said...

Sending a hug. it's so hard to say goodbye to such a special fur friend!

Sharon Kwilter said...

I'm so sorry. I feel for you. We lost our dog child a bit over a year ago and I still miss her terribly.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Puppy. Looks like he had a great life on the ranch with you and your family.

Kathleen said...

So very sorry for your loss of Puppy. They hold big places in our hearts and homes and ranches - he was well loved and loved back. Blessings on you all as you work through missing your great dog.