Monday, March 19, 2012

Design Wall Monday

This is the Red White and Blue addition I think!!! 


I started working on string blocks a few weeks ago - my string bins kind of, um , are, well, overflowing - so I thought maybe I would trim that box down .... even with all these blocks - it didn't happen.....


But - this top is about finished...... when my son and I layed it out, we tried to make some secondary designs with the color strips - kind of hard to see in the picture - but there was one or two.


And then!!!  At our February QOV Sew day we used the Double Slice Layer Cake pattern 
on you tube
and made 43 batrillion 32 gazillion blocks.... I had already put two tops together with them, and decided to get moving with the rest of them.... so... here you go!! 4 more Quilt tops
 They were all a little worried about getting into the picture so they overlapped each other - and it is one giant riot of red white and blue!!

I only have about 8 blocks left - so they were well used!!! And then I crashed on the couch and we watched the Penguins of Madagascar.... totally worth it!!


To see other design walls - head over to patchworktimes.com 

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Great quilts!

I love those toes peeking out from under the quilt in the last photo.

Dar said...

WOW, you have been very busy. What a nice stack of quilt tops. I especially like your strings. I need to do one with only RWB, sometime. Mine are usually all different colors . Not sure I have enough variety with RWBs.

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow! Amazing! I'll have to go look up that site...looks like fun! Oh-oh not another project?!?!?

Mary said...

You have accomplished a huge amount. You well deserved a movie break!

Maya said...

The string quilt is so pretty!

Sue Daurio said...

Wow I'm tired and I just read about you did!! That is just so amazing. I love the strings too, you're making me want to do some string blocks :)

June said...

I am fascinated by that quilt pattern and had to go and watch the video. What a really neat way to piece a quilt!! Hmmm, I have some pretty Japanese fabric that would work for. Thanks for the ideas, photos, and all you do for our Troops!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Such an inspiring post!! Thanks for rejuvinating under our Layer Cake THeme at Tuesday Archives. PS: I also enjoyed visiting you blog and checking out your pages. :) I have a Tinlizzie and enjoy the piecing and quilting too.