Monday, March 12, 2012

More High Ground Presentations

In this post  I showed you a few of the Veterans who climbed Mt Lobouche, a 20,000 foot  peak and *enjoyed* it....    


There were more veterans present at the Premiere - and I have a few photos of them as well with their Quilts of Valor. 


I have recieved one of these special blankets while attending the High
Ground premier in Boulder Colorado. Thanks for the wonderful quilt. I love
it. - Adam

Isn't that cool? He emailed the QOV website and said thanks!!




It was fun to see their faces, and the reverent way they held the quilt!!



She had a service dog under the table - he was adorable... and of course - that is me... in the way of the camera!!  


This gal was a helicopter mechanic. When they ran out of tin, they repaired the choppers with coke cans ...can you believe it?


hope you enjoyed seeing these presentations.... I do have a few more to show -
If you want to find out more about this film go to:
http://www.highgroundmovie.com

They also have a facebook page that keeps thing up to date.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

I really love seeing these. It gives so much inspiration!

Nancy said...

Thank you so much for sharing these photos.

Impera Magna said...

These photos always bring a tear to my eyes... such an incredible mission!

Pat R said...

I love to see photos of these presentations.....inspires me to get to the quilt room and get busy with more Q O Vs!!

Kathie said...

Love seeing the pictures, thanks for sharing

Sally Hamilton said...

So inspirational.

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Thank you for your lovely blog! :)
www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
Hugs, Ulla (from Finland)

Vicki W said...

Oh how exciting, I think that's my quilt in one of the photos!