Monday, March 26, 2012

Design Wall Monday 3/26/12

We had our Quilt of Valor sew day yesterday and we bound forty'leven million quilts... okay maybe it was closer to 20 - but it felt like at least a million.... Now I have a pile of QOV's to wash and then they will be on their way to love!!!


Saturday Jean Wells - the mother of Valori Wells - and the owner of the Sisters OR quilt shop - and the organizer of the Sisters Outdoor Quilt show - came to speak to our guild... I think I'm in love!!


The way she uses color and the way she sees the use of color just tickled me. And the pictures she takes for inspirations!! I take pictures too, but then I sometimes forget about them *sigh*


 So when I went out at night to finish up the chores this is what I saw from my deck, and I love blues so I thought someday this could be inspiriation for.... something.... 
Excuse the blurs... my dogs wag there tails, and one of them is knee high - she gets me....


And then the straight up picture - if you look closely there is a drilling rig in the horizon, I assume it will be lit up soon, as the trucks are still moving in, and then I won't need any outdoor lights for a while.... *sigh*

This is my design ish place.... I am working on some more string blocks. My bin kind of got full and I can't add more, so I thought I would remedy that.....

At our sew day yesterday Connie stopped in and she gave me this picture....


And these flowers - and I was touched.... It was really sweet - and the verse on the picture is Psalms 138:3 "He gives me strength when I ask."  With 3 kiddos sick and a hubby who's back is out..... I am THERE!!!   Wasn't that encouraging?  It was for me - I was so Tickled!!


For other design walls - head on over to http://www.patchworktimes.com

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Nothing beats the support and love of a good friend. It sounds like Connie is a good friend.

Rabid Quilter from California said...

That sky photo is certainly inspiring! Venus and Jupiter were prominent in the sky, Jupiter being the smaller one. Happy Quilting!

AnnieO said...

Cool photos! I would love to hear a lecture from Jean Wells too.

Hope the sick and injured heal quickly at your place--that was a sweet thing from your friend.

Impera Magna said...

I love that deep blue of the night sky you captured... I will buy just about any fabric that color no matter what! Unfortunately (or fortunately for my budget) I don't run across that blue very often...

Dar said...

Good night shots for inspiration. What a wonderful friend you have. She takes good care of you. Keep her close, they are hard to find sometimes.

Quilter Kathy said...

Hope things improve at your place...it's hard to take care of everybody else. Make sure you get some sewing time to keep sane!