Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Pink string Quilt

The dear sweet girl who was the Maid of Honor at my wedding.... a long time ago, when we were just wee little tykes, was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, and very quickly it was determined that she would have a double mastectomy.. and that surgery is today... I knew she needed a quilt.... so Sarah, from my Heartstrings quilt had a pink string quilt top ready to go, she sent it to me, I quilted it, bound it, and gave it to my friend yesterday.... and its on its way to the hospital with her today...


So if your sending a prayer up - please remember her - she isn't really old enough for this ( just turned 40)  and her momma has passed away - so she needs us ;-)


This is it.... I quilted it with a Flurry of Angels feather quilting ( Jamie Wallen Style)



I added a few words for her to search for - Hope, Love, Faith. Hugs

And put a crazy bright backing on it - you gotta have a little laugh right?



16 comments:

Needles, Fabric, Chisels, and Wood…Life is GOOD! said...

I love the quilt and the special quilting you put into it. How powerful to have quilted it with a "Flurry of Angels". I have said a prayer for her and those that love her. I will keep her on my pray list with the hopes that she makes a full recovery and that the angels will continue to watch over her.

Cheryl Willis said...

prayers for all, thank you for loving your friend. cw

Roma said...

Everything is done just right.
Prayers for friend.
S

Gypsy Quilter said...

We'll keep her in our prayers. I'm sure the quilt will mean more to her than words allow.

beaquilter said...

so sorry about that, my best friend in Denmark is still getting radiation for breast cancer and I heard about another "friend" who just got diagnosed.... nice quilt

LizA. said...

What a perfect gift for a friend.bsending prayers your way.

swooze said...

Gorgeous!

Kentuckiana Comfort Quilts said...

Sending many prayers for your friend, her family and friends. Please tell her to "Fight like a Girl"

Sarah B

Impera Magna said...

Prayers going up for your friend... I'm sure the quit will be treasured!

Karen said...

What a beautiful gift for your friend. Sending lots of prayers her way.

Sandra said...

Beautiful job on your string quilt! Love the blend of colors and the cheerful fabric on the back.
Sending prayers and blessings to your friend:)

Pattilou said...

Just a lovely quilt and I'm sure it will mean much to your friend!

Pat R said...

This quilt is awesome, and she will cherish it!! I know she is a survivor!! Prayers keep going her way to help her get thru her treatments. Saw my oncologist today and all my numbers are right where they are suppose to be, and hers soon will be, as well!

BunkHouseQuilts said...

So nice Alycia! Sorry to hear about your friend. I have found that cancer is no respecter of age. I hope all goes well and I am sure she will be comforted by your wonderful quilting. Bless you!

Anonymous said...

Behind in my blog reading as usual. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's journey, but know that her new quilt from a dear friend will bring her much comfort and inspire her to keep on fighting when she doesn't feel quite like it.

Hugs & prayers to your friend and her family and also for you.

Shari in AZ

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Not only is this a lovely quilt, but a precious gift. I know it will be treasured and bring much comfort. Healing prayers for your sweet friend.