Sunday, March 07, 2010

Saturdays and Stash reports

My oldest son had his first swim meet with *high school* on Saturday. My youngest two boys had a gun range safety day so they can practice archery and .22's at the gun range to the north of us. Both events were at the same time. The swim meet was in Estes Park ( about 1 1/2 hours away by road contruction detour) and the safety day was north about 30 minutes.


`
I chose to go to Estes Park and watch the swim meet. The swimmers ride the bus as a team, and I was told they were going to go to pizza afterwards * as a team* and I would have to just wait at the high school parking lot. I think the family was a little confused when I said - why thats okay!!
`


I think they forgot that Estes Park has 3 quilt shops - 2 of which I had not been in in YEARS! And I figured that if I packed my lunch I would have at least 1 to 2 hours to shop while the team was eating.... Great plan huh!!


`
I enjoyed the swim meet, 132 swimmers in a sprint meet. Every swimmer swam all events. It was ran effeciently and a nice facility. I met two parents from two other teams. One had a freshman and one had a senior. The senior parent told us all about the year to come, and what to expect.
`
But as soon as it was over - I was OFF!! I went to Cottage Bliss first and spent all my time there - but look at what I got. I think I have spring fever. I rarely do Stash reports, because in my daily life I have to keep track of so much stuff, that I tend to treat my quilting as my stress relief. And I do use A LOT of fabric in backings and in Quilts of Valor. And bless these loving peoples hearts - I get fabrics donated for this project, and I don't count that fabric as stash, especially as it is not mine.
`
Which means I rarely buy fabrics for me. I do buy fabrics - it is almost all red white and blue, or something that coordinates with the donated fabrics, so we can make another QOV. ( are you feeling the justifications yet?)
`
But this - Its MINE! I have no idea what I plan to do with it, but I was just in love with the colors and flowers and oh my. I want spring to come.
`
Fabrics In: 6 yards
Fun and excitment - priceless!

5 comments:

LizA. said...

Oooh, very pretty. So, whatcha' gonna make with 'em?

Kathie said...

Looks nice, we all deserve a treat from time to time.

kathie L.

Stephanie D said...

Oh, I don't blame you--hurry up, spring!

Paula, the quilter said...

I always end up at Mt Lady and Maggie Mae's. So where is Cottage Bliss?

Anonymous said...

I love those fabrics! Yes, I am SO ready for spring also! LOL

Isn't it nice to treat yourself for once? It will be interesting to see what you come up with!

Bari