Friday, April 05, 2024

February Red Rainbow Scrap Challenge and !! Finished ( or not) Friday

Happy Friday!!!!

One of my goals this year was to try to keep up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I know every year I think that, and then about May I get bamboozled.... so I am trying to make it a priority!!!

My February Top was done right before the end of February - and!! I have it quilted and bound now!  Everytime I sew with red - I sorta of Think Quilt of Valor - so that is what mine has become!




Ta da!!!!  I used my Red 5 inch squares - and then added Blue and White - you can see my little plan here:  I think it turned out pretty good!!!  ( If I do say so myself haha)


I quilted it with Gushing Stars, and bound it with Navy Stripes!!



I had a really cool wide back in Light blue that I used for the backing. I even had enough to cut some 5 inch squares for when Blue is called!!


Last Friday ( March 29) was Vietnam War Veterans Day and my little QOV group was there!!! Deb, Vickie and I headed to a cool presentation and we got to award quilts to some awesome Veterans. It ws a great celebration




I had to hug everyone.... you know - I just can't not do it ;-)

And now what you all have been waiting for!!!
Finished!! Or not - Friday!!

Link up - visit, be inspired... make Bucket lists... enjoy!!




***************Link up *********************



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
***********************The End*********************************

Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook

11 comments:

Kate said...

Your RSC QOV turned out beautifully. You've been doing a lot with all those squares.

Linda said...

Every Lightning quilt that you do is my favorite - lol! The reds, whites, and dark blues look fabulous. Love seeing the vets wrapped in their quilts.

Sara said...

That makes a great QOV. I recognize a lot of those reds and blues, and have them in my latest QOVs too. Those award ceremonies are such amazing events. Very rewarding for those of us who are honored to make the awards to the veterans.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The February quilt is fantastic. I love the stripe binding to finish and that's excellent you were able to cut blue 5" squares from the backing scrap to be ready for the month blue is used!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Wonderful! I also think, 'How can this be used as a QOV?'.

Chantal said...

Bless your generous heart! ;^)
P.S. Wonderful quilt too.

Delighted Hands said...

This was a great us of the red scraps for February!!! Great job!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Hurrah for the red white and blue! Great quilt for an even greater cause. And add in the beautiful quilting, and you're over the top! Congratulations!

Allison said...

Your quilt is wonderful and is sure to appreciated by a Veteran. I do admire the QOV movement. Wish we had something similar in the UK - so many Veterans sadly 'fall through the net' and desperately need to have their years of service affirmed by the general public if not by those in power.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Great photo of the Vietnam War Veterans being honored with their QOV. Yes, I can see why your red and white quilt morphed into a red, white and blue QOV quilt. It looks great.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on your quilt finish, Alycia, and that looks like a wonderful presentation event, too!