Saturday, April 20, 2024

More Yellow! and some Pink!!!

Once I started working on the Yellow Scraps - making these crumb blocks - I just couldn't stop until I was down to one little small yellow piece...


Then for some reason I decided to pair it with Pink - but now!! Does this mean the RSC color will be pink for May?  Or does Pink rotate in to our Rainbow scrap challenge? Have I ruined my psychic predictions by pairing another color with yellow????  Oh boy!!! 

Anyways - It is now in Top form!!!!





Each of the blocks are 10 Inches . My brand new 10 inch ruler showed up just in time for me to trim them all up!! You know what? I think I may have to *Treat yo'self*  to some new rulers. New ones are just so smooth and pretty!!!  

( Anyone remember where *Treat Yo'Self* comes from ? haha)









I am actually ahead of the game today!! I got my Yellow RSC top done for this month - Now to choose a Backing and get it in the Quilting Queue!!!  I am kind of impressed with myself about getting this topped before the 30th - but then - we have had some very cold weather come in as a surprise, so maybe it all makes sense now!

And Baby Bella - 
10 months old now!! Totally STILL a puppy and so hilarious! I think she might be teething again, as EVERYTHING is fair game for her to chew on... oh boy!



Linking up with


Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook



*Small Commission earned on products on this page***

14 comments:

scraphappy said...

That is a great guess on the color for May. Your yellow blocks look so pretty with pink. Turning crumbs into fabric feels so productive.

Kate said...

You've been busy! Your yellow lightening quilt is looking really good.

Sara said...

Wow! Used up your yellow scraps completely? I'm impressed! And ironically I paired yellow with pink in just one block yesterday. I'll have to post a photo of that block next Saturday since I forgot to add it to today's RSC post. We must be thinking alike.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Both of your yellow quilts look great. Paired with pink it makes me think of pink lemonade. I'm hoping the cold weather is mostly done (but who knows). Have fun quilting!!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Hurray for yellow crumbs! Hurray for your new ruler and hurray for the finishes!

Delighted Hands said...

I'm seeing blue and pink lemonade!!! Very fun crumb blocks!

Jenny said...

Hello Bella! Love the blue and yellow quilt top.

Astrid said...

Love your bright yellow and pink blocks, such a cheerful quilt top. Love the yellow and blue too, great color combination. I just got two new rulers; 6-1/2"X24-1/2" and the cutest little 2-1/2"X4-1/2" rulers, and I need to purchase a few more (only quilter's can say a ruler is cute, right?). Those I have the corners are 'roundish'. lol Cutest Baby Bella!

Linda said...

Pretty crumb blocks! I discovered a little nick out of the corner of my favorite 6-inch by 12-inch ruler. I got a little carried away with the rotary cutter. I guess I should order a new one, sigh.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

New rulers are such a joy! I have one or two that need to be replaced. . .somehow I don't get around to it! I enjoy crumb blocks. . .such a great way to use it all up! Bella is such a pretty gal. Time goes quickly seems like we were just introduced to her presence!

Melva said...

You can never go wrong with fun and fast tops. They are the TOPS! ;) Thanks for sharing in my Sew & Tell party.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I really like the yellow and blue one! I admire your talent! Bella looks so sweet but don't let her near your quilts ... teething puppies wouldn't be a bit good for them.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Alycia, those are soooo cute, and I'm sure that pink will come up eventually. Good luck with Bella - with your machine, fabric etc. She is a cute one :-)

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Great blocks, Alycia! Fast and fun tops are a great way to bust those scraps! I like your yellow and pink blocks. Bella is so cute! Thanks for sharing with us on Monday Musings!