Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Our Last SnowShoe trip

 A bit ago, My husband , youngest Son and I went on a snowshoe trek. It was a cold Blowy day - but Oh So Gorgeous!!!



That is a lake!! And it was cold enough there was Ice everywhere - so you just walk on it... the one time I could walk on water and I didn't even take a photo of me doing it Hahahaha!!!








It was So cold, and So blowy, and we got up there Really early that there was no one around at the start of our trip. Don't you love the sun peeking thru in the upper corner? I love how light can refract thru the clouds and get those looks.



If you've been on my blog long - you know that I am enamored with Ansel Adams and have been known to have his photo books around to look at. Of course, now you can see his images online too - but in full print - wow - so I always have to try a few Black and Whites.

And marvel that my camera is one item and amazingly lightweight instead of the gear he hiked in with.



This part might have been my least favorite part - it was steep up and down on our trail. The up doesn't scare me as much as the down... if I went down... I think they would just have to throw me a sleeping bag and food until spring... it was steep!





Mid hike - we were pretending to be at the summit... just in case we didn't make it!
We did - but of course! forgot a photo there.


Thanks for coming along! Spring is Coming and I am planning out hikes for this summer. I am thinking we will go to Wyoming and scope some new places maybe?  Do you have an idea of a great hike?


Ps - I get asked a lot about my snowshoeing pants - theses are them Snowshoe Wind proof pants from amazon  I don't even wear long johns under them as once you get moving - you are so totally warm... my feet now.... got to keep experimenting with just the right socks !!

Linking to:

My Corner of the World

11 comments:

Linda said...

What gorgeous scenery, you are so, so lucky! I have always enjoyed Ansel Adams too. Wonder what he would think of an iPhone - lol!

Donna said...

If you ever get the chance to hike in Alaska go! We were in Juneau last summer and it was beautiful! Lots of bald eagles; saw bears and sea lions, star fish and sea urchins. The mountains and water is so clean and beautiful. Highly recommend!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you are adventurous - looks like a wonderful hike - too cold for me though :) what beautiful scenery

Kate said...

Wonderful photographs. I like to hike, but not in the cold. But those photos are totally worth being cold for.

Dirt Road Quilter said...

GOH! Those photos! Ansel would be so proud! I hope you have lots of wall space because those are gallery-wall-frame-worthy!
P.S. I made a note of your hiking pants - just in case we ever get to snow country! What a cool trip!

grammajudyb said...

Awesome photos! All of them! I like Ansel Adams too! I’m sure you’ve hiked Devils Tower, I’ll check with my hiker friend Marva, about some great hikes in the Big Horns. She and her husband hike often!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Glorious photos (you are SO good with black and white).

Delighted Hands said...

I'm glad you had a good time in such beautiful scenery!

Jocelyn said...

Gorgeous mountain shots!

dee Nambiar said...

:D :D the mid-hike picture. It must have felt great to finish this walk. Congratulations.
And what gorgeous landscapes. Thank you for sharing this adventure with us. :)

Andree G. Faubert said...

Wow Alycia, your black and white photo is really stunning. You would make Ansel Adams proud...and he would be jealous to see how cameras have come along.