Saturday, April 13, 2024

Yellow RSC Check in

 My Mid ( ish) Month check in with my Yellows for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!

All my Yellow 5 inch squares have been sewn into the twosies.... and now I am adding Light Blue... 


In January Angela called for Green and I had already been working on Green. I paired my Green with Purple.... then! February was Red ... then!!! March was Purple.... but I had already paired Purple with my Greens ... so I decided to Pair Yellow with March's Purple - and guess what!!

She Called Yellow in April! Now that I am pairing Yellow with Light blue... what's chances she calls Blue for May???? Hmmmmmm


I was Perusing Blogs on my Finished ( or not) Fridays - at over at Donnalees  she was making Crumb blocks and it made me want to make them - and so!!


I started some!!! I will trim them to 10 inches - as soon as my 10 inch ruler gets here!

I ordered one on Amazon

One - because it is a long drive to town and the local shop didn't have it in stock, and two - We are going to do a Jelly Roll QOV sew day in September and will make some 10 inch blocks. I figured this was a good excuse to get a ruler for us all to use!!! Go me!!


Linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge

and  Oh Scrap!




*Small Commission earned on products on this page***

11 comments:

Sara said...

The blue looks great with yellow - Jackrabbit blue and gold combination for my alma mater. LOL A 10" square up ruler will come in very handy. 10" is a size of block I make a lot too.

Elle said...

I'm confused. If you want 10" blocks this ruler is going to give you 9.5" blocks finished. ???

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love the Omnigrip square rulers

Maggie said...

You have great talent for picking the colours for your projects. Let’s see what May brings? Great projects!

Delighted Hands said...

The crumb blocks aren't out of your system yet, I see! The yellow and blue blocks are so pretty!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like how you are predicting each color of the month ahead of time - I'll go with blue for May, lol! The Hawaiian shirt print is fun with your blue and yellow design. Love the crumb blocks, too!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Yellow and blue is one of my favorite pairings. It will be fun to see if blue is the color for May. And even the ruler is playing along with the yellow theme this month. :)

grammajudyb said...

Loving your blue and yellow zig zags! The crumbs remind me of strawberry lemonade! C’mon Summer!

Susie H said...

How funny that you've been calling the RSC colors in 2024. I thought Angela always did that! Lol!!! How nice of you to get that ruler for all to share later. Hope you have a great weekend!

Linda said...

Your plaids always look so good, mixed with any color! Those are cute crumb blocks.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a great way to incorporate blue and yellow! I like your reasoning for purchasing a new ruler!