Friday, April 12, 2024

Crumby Rail Fence Finish and !! Finished ( or not) Friday

About a year ago - I had some leftover blocks from one of Cynthia's Block drives for her Hospice Quilts.... and they just had to be used!!!

I have been trying to adopt a "If you pull the fabric, You must use the fabric" Policy around here. Eh - I am 80/20 in the positive... so its sort of working!

Instead of putting those leftover crumby blocks into a scrap pile I built a quilt!

and now... that quilt got some quilting - and! Is bound!!



I decided that each Square ( Round) of colors needed it own Quilting design - and then I played!





I did make a few boo boos along the way - and get a measurement or two wrong - but you know what? I had fun and I like how it looks!!! Oh - and it is a finish - so there is that going for me haha!!

I actually had a really good time quilting this and imagining that it would look like what I saw in my head ...

So how has your week been? Any progress or Finishes to report???

Link away!!

*Please use a direct link to your post
* Go and visit folks!!
*Leave a Comment and make a day!!!




*****************Link Up ********************************




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
**********************The End ******************************



Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook

18 comments:

Preeti said...

Each round with a different quilting design? Why? Because you are such a show-off :-D Handsome finish! Love it.

Karen said...

I love, love, love this layout, and that you used up your crumb blocks! This is definitely an inspiration for me to use some of my crumb slabs...sometime, soon-ish!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Fabulous finish on the brown crumb rail fence quilt. I love the variety of quilting motifs in each round. The quilting on the large light box looks playful and sure it is gorgeous close up.

maggie fellow said...

what a great way to use crumb blocks and the quilting was fun to see

Sara said...

Such a striking layout for this one. I really like the asymmetrical look. The quilting works very well too. Great ideas!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is a neat design! I love the turquoise and brown together. Your policy about using up the scraps that are left out sounds like a good idea!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You sound very disciplined in your sewing room to me. How great to use these blocks and create such a wonderful quilt. I also love those sewing lines you added. Another beauty, Alycia!

Cathy said...

sCRUMBptious!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

The quilting is fantastic! And I always get excited when I see a quilt that uses brown so beautifully. Congratulations on the finish (including binding)!!

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Spectacular quilting - really enhances this quilt. I like your policy about using fabric that you've pulled, but I don't think I could ever achieve your success rate, haha.

Gypsy Quilter Designs said...

What a great quilt you've completed. I really enjoyed looking at all of the wonderful designs you put into it.

San / Murphy, NC

Nann said...

Great design and wonderful quilting. That's a good policy. Hope you can keep it up.

Chantal said...

I love all the different quilting patterns used. It adds a barrier between each round. It's fun to look at. Love the layout too. It is very inspirational on how to use crumb blocks. Awesome job! ;^)

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What fun quilting designs! The turquoise and brown are great compatible colors. It is a great finish!!!!

Delighted Hands said...

Exquisite!!!!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Wow! Scrappy blocks, brown, cool setting, over the top quilting--yes, it ticks all the boxes! Wonderful quilt!

quiltingbydawn said...

What a fabulous way to use up crumbs! Love all your play in quilting the rounds. It looks like you had fun and the best part is the finish! Well done Alycia!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Alycia, I love your various quilting. It really looks awesome!