Wednesday, April 17, 2024

QOV's with the DAR - aka presenting Quilts to some amazing Veterans!

 Don't you just love all the acronyms in this world? It confuses me - but more on that later!

I was invited to do a presentation with a DAR ( Daughters of the American Revolution) last weekend. We awarded nine quilt - and it was awesome!!

But I joked on Saturday about accidentally calling the Scrap challenge colors, and then I went and did this presentation and I think it confirmed my Psychic abilities ( Snark snark)



I Had 5 Marines, 1 Marine/Army and 3 Army Veterans - from Vietnam to Iraq... one just returning from another Iraq deployment less that a year ago.. oh! one was a Full Bird Colonel - his dad was there to brag - I loved it!!

They were all amazing - 

but Back to my abilities!! 

So the guy on the far left - he had Cats on his pillowcase - and I said - I hope someone in your family likes cats - and his 7 year old daughter jumped up and said I do!!! and she was wearing cat ears on her headband... super cute!!

The guy Third from the left - 

Ethel made his Quilt, She fussy cut Eagles and put them in the center of the blocks. So while I was explaining fussy cutting and this quilt to him , his eyes started leaking....  he was army - 101st airborne - aka * The Screaming Eagles*  

The guy Third from the right - he was a little leery to come to the presentation. He was Vietnam and had some rough memories of coming back to the states. He wasn't sure what to expect. I told him the Story of his Quilt ( Flags for Sue) and Oh my gosh, the smile just kept getting bigger and bigger. His whole house is decorated with historical Flags.... 

You see how the universe is confirming my Goofy Assumptions haha!! Give me enough time and I think I can make anything all about me ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜



Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook

11 comments:

Donna said...

Alycia what a great QOV presentation! Yes you are a psychic! Could the fuzzy cut eagles have not been more perfect for the Screaming Eagles veteran!

Sara said...

Wonderful awarding of QOV!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Well, I got goosebumps reading the stories and connections. Amazing!!

stitchinpenny said...

I think you are capable of great things and somehow your universe falls into place to give the most meaningful quilts to each of these deserving veterans. I would attribute it to God, my nephew to his higher power. It works. Love happens, never question and you appear to trust do it works.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What crazy coincidences! I get it about the Vietnam vet. . .for the most part, they were treated poorly by the public when they returned home. How wonderful to wrap each vet in some love!

Linda said...

What heartwarming stories, and yes it does confirm your psychic abilities.

Delighted Hands said...

What an amazing presentation!!! Good job!

Gypsy Quilter Designs said...

What a great presentation. Many hearts must have been lifted way, way up by the time it was over.

Great job!

Astrid said...

Wonderful and heart warming presentation.

Cathy said...

Oh my goodness...what a fabulous presentation. I love how the quilts were a perfect choice for each veteran.

Kate said...

Looks like a wonderful group of soldiers who definitely needed a quilty hug. It's so fun that you were able to match the perfect quilts to them.