Monday, February 19, 2024

Red RSC Lightening Streak Quilt

I moved on to the REDs for RSC and I had an Idea .. but then I wondered if it would really work. I was told to play in EQ8 with it, but..... when I Was ready to design... I wasn't where my Computer was (oops)

So I drew!!!


and guess what?

I liked it!



What to you think?  It will be 63 x 81 - so perfect size for a QOV - and scrappy !! 

This is my Drawing - and design Ideas of sorts - each block is 9 1/2 inches square

I use 2 5 inch red scrappy squares to make the top half, then use a 5 x 9 1/2 inch Bar for the bottom half- and Voila!!!


Just so you know - my husband has lost his critique privileges' for 2 weeks!!!  I told him to look at the design wall and tell me what he saw - and he said it was PERFECT.... Ahem!!! It was NOT... 

Good thing QuiltyDog ran by really fast and blew a block off - or my Lightening streaks would have been crooked!!



And just a sneak - I got one of the January Quilts on the frame.... oh ya!!!
Only 62,000 more years till you see it bound haha!




Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook

Linking to:

17 comments:

Linda said...

I love it! I'm going to bookmark your page and consider this for my grandson's quilt, using Texas A&M colors and some Aggie fabric I bought. I really don't want to make an "all Aggie" quilt, I just want the colors, if that makes sense. Anyway I really love yours, especially with that black fabric defining it.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a beautiful design, Alycia! I love the scrappy red squares with the consistent blue print. The plaids, dots, stars, etc, are fun! This will make a great QOV!

Delighted Hands said...

I find it very satisfying to draw my 'ideas' on graph paper like that! Good job on this one!!!! Good job, Pup, on finding the oops! lol

Kate said...

That red lightening streak quilt is really cool. Happy stitching this week.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Oh, beautiful idea and execution. And I'm glad you found the misplaced block, one way or the other. ;)

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

I love your quilt. Thanks for sharing your graph and the math info! Now I have a new idea for my Q of V. Love your blog, btw!

Nann said...

Great design -- and you managed to do it the old-fashioned way, with pencil and paper!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Your red Lightning Streak design looks great, plus easy to construct with scraps which is a double bonus.

Vivian said...

Girl, you are on fire, love this one! I am still working through my red stash and can so see making this one using that I like to adda touch of gold to my QOV tops and can see appliqueing gold stars either on the blue bars or scattered on the red and white squares. A versatile design!

Marsha Cooper said...

I enjoy drawing out a pattern on graph paper. Makes it easier to follow for me

Maggie said...

It looks great on paper and the design wall. Enjoy your weekend.

Chantal said...

I'm in love! This is a great pattern. You know that I have to copy this, right? Lol. I doodle my ideas on paper too. I haven't bought/tried the EQ program. Have you? I'll try to still be around in 62,000 years to see your purple beauty bound but I don't promise anything. Haha! Enjoy! ;^)

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I like this very much...you almost have me persuaded to start making lightening quilts for RSC2024! :)

Deb A said...

That's a great design for QOV. Sorry hubby got a 2 week time out....but sounds like someone else in the house deserves a treat!

The Joyful Quilter said...

You came up with a good design, Alycia. I spy MORE plaids!!!

scraphappy said...

That is a fun pattern. Love the one consistent fabric among the variety of reds. It ties everything together beautifully.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

This is a great QOV pattern and top, Alycia! Have a great weekend. Thanks for sharing on Monday Musings!