Friday, February 09, 2024

The Valentines Quilts are coming out... and ! Finished ( or not) Friday!!

Happy Friday you all!!!  it is time to get my house all Hearted up!!!!

Back in 2014 for the Rainbow scrap Challenge I did hearts!!!  So that Quilt is now out on the couch...



It was a fun one - each square in the heart is 3 1/2 inches - and most of them are tiny little scraps - you can see in the brown heart I just used squares... I did write a little tutorial for it ( not a whole pattern) and you have to see my crazy thought process: Scrappy Hearts Tute


This one came out too - It could also be out at Fourth of July I bet - but it was another fun scrap buster I did back in 2018. and its bigger than the heart Quilt, and my tallest son is home for a minute - so he needs this one!!

And of course!! as I showed pics someone asked how I made the blocks... so I showed my rough sketches.... Here you go Patriotic Heart Block   The cool thing about this block is I used my 2 1/2 inch strips and it still got Really Scrappy!!!

And now it is time for 
Finished!!!! ( or not) Friday!!!

We had a LOT of finishes last week - it was AWESOME!!!
and some new bloggers join in - so much FUN!!!



You know the drill!!!
*Link your Direct Post  
* Visit a lot of people
*Leave Sweet Comments 
* go stitch some more!!

*******************Link Up **************************





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
*********************The End*******************

14 comments:

Kat Scribner said...

You got some great heart quilts there, Alycia. I love blocks made with scraps and crumbs.

Linda said...

Your heart quilts are so pretty! I've made a few heart quilts, all given to others, so I think I need to make myself one. ;)

Delighted Hands said...

Fun to see what you have been cooking up!

Kate said...

Both heart quilts are really fun. The only heart quilt I've made was for a friend of Grad Girl's. It was all about her love of zombies. Have a great weekend.

grammajudyb said...

Thanks a bunch for the link to your “how-tos”! Absolutely love the scrappy crumby hearts..and the R,W,B ones …the layout is awesome!

Sara said...

Very cute heart quilts. It's always fun to see the quilts we use every year for certain seasons.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Your heart quilts look great and I'm sure that they will be put to good use over the next few weeks. Thanks as always for hosting Finished or not Friday!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your hearts, Alycia! That gray background really makes them pop. I bet it is lots of fun getting that one out every year!

Cathy said...

Oh, gosh! Be still my heart! I love heart quilts!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Alycia, love that heart quilt!

Chrisknits said...

Oh, I love those patriotic scrappy hearts!!! Just perfect. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF today!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Alycia! Who doesn't love a good heart project?! For Valentine's Day or any time of the year, red and white is a fabulous combination. Your RSC from 2014 is so darn cute. So is the RWB one - hearts are seasonless. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Thanks for the heart patterns! Your quilts are too nice to only come out once a year!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Cute heart patterns! I love the RSC one ;)