Thursday, February 22, 2024

Stars Like Spaghetti - my version - and !! Finished ( or not ) Friday!

Happy Happy Friday!!!

Oh man it has been a week!! We were in Texas for a little bit! But!! we had planned on warm and sunny, Corpus Christie on the other hand wanted 40's and flipping cold!!! I now have NEW sweatshirts to prove I was places haha!

Today I am going to show you MY finished ( and even bound!) Version of Stars Like Spaghetti!! If you haven't seen it yet and don't want to - close your eyes! Quick!!


If you played a long I hope you had fun, used a few scraps, and now have a Quilt ready for a Veteran!! 


I quilted it with an Star Panto ( and no I won't tell you which one, because i can't remember the name of it, and I am too lazy to go downstairs to look! - but you will still love me!)




My Little girl is pretty good at finding boo boos so I got a little worried when she stared - but she approved!!  This is her on Presidents day .. she is running for President of the ranch - and she is pretty sure she will win!

Stars Like Spaghetti - Strange name I know but if you didn't catch earlier:

"Once upon a Time I was driving in my car - and a song came on. Me, lots of times, hearing what I want to hear - heard *Stars Like Spaghetti* 

and my mind went immediately to a quilt design.  It wasn't until the third time I heard the song that I realized it was actually

Stars Like Confetti.  oops!! That would make a great quilt pattern too... but not this time."

And now it is your turn!!

Let's see what you have been up to!! Link up your direct post and strut your stuff!!!




*********************Link up ********************





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
****************The end****************

Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook



Linking to:

18 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Stars Like Spaghetti!!! I love it!! How cute and clever and so sweet that your inspector approves your work. Happy Friday, Alycia.

maggie fellow said...

wonderful

Delighted Hands said...

Stunning! Mine is scrappy, too, and I love it!

Linda said...

What a gorgeous quilt Alycia! Haha on the story behind the name. I can't believe Corpus had 40s while we've been having 70s and are supposed to get into the 80s next week. I'm so ready to move farther north!

Chantal said...

I vote for your fur-daughter for President of the Ranch! And a big hug too. She's a little beauty. So is your Stars Like Spaghetti quilt. Beautiful! Enjoy! ;^)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I have quite a few sweatshirts from places where I thought it would be warm, but it wasn't! Your Stars Like Spaghetti design is beautiful and makes a wonderful QOV. Happy Friday!

Sara said...

I really like this one! The stars are my favorite part.

Cathy said...

Fabulous quilt! And thanks for hosting another thrilling mystery!

LA Paylor said...

your quilt is awesome! I like all of it, but especially those star blocks are so graphic. LeeAnna

Linda Swanekamp said...

Just gorgeous. Funny name story!

Astrid said...

Congrats on the finish! Love the colors and design, so pretty!

Vicki W said...

I love how your quilt turned out! I hope you had fun in TX. I often pack wrong and end up with new vacation shirts.

Zenia Rene said...

Congrats on your finish! What a funny name. lol.

Kathleen said...

This is a fabulous quilt and great for veterans - and it was so generous of you to share the directions! I love the story about the name - hysterical. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Alycia! Stars like Spaghetti is a fab finish and the back story is worthy of sharing. I love every single thing about this! Great job. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Great finish, and love the story behind the name! I hope your dog wins the election. I once wrote in my dog's name in a local election when nobody was running against the incumbent. She really would have been a good choice, if the job relied on honesty, loyalty, and love for everyone.

Nann said...

Quilt inspector at work! The design is terrific, Alycia.

Kate said...

A very fun finish! Love the story about the song, still inspiration is inspiration.