Monday, February 05, 2024

Progress and moving into the REDS

 There is progress on my Green (and purple) Lightening streak quilts... 


Number 1 is now topped

Number 2 is Rowed


and number three is on the ironing board patiently awaiting its turn to get on the design wall....

and!!
I even started in on the reds for Februarys RSC color..


I have a little different idea for these - so I will just have to see if I can make that happen. Do you every get ideas that sound good, but then you just can't make them work?   Seems to happen to me a bit (oops)


And my Baby Girl - I think I forgot to show you here 7 month photo....


it seems to me she hasn't gotten any bigger in the last few weeks - and her appetite is not as large as it was... so either we are plateauing for a moment, or this is her size?  Either way - We LOVE her!!


Until she thinks she can bring my fabric for my quilts.... I am sure she thinks she is being helpful... but... I disagree ;)


Linking with:

15 comments:

Deb said...

Wow , you are rocking those lightening quilts. Your puppy is adorable too. I'm away so I am not keeping up but March will have me sewing up spring storms!!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I love the green and purple version and I hope you can make your vision for the read blocks work!!

Kat Scribner said...

3 quilts in the making. You are in production mode! Hugs and extra treats to puppy!

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Baby Girl is adorable. You are doing a great job using those scraps. Love the examples for inspiration.

chrisknits said...

Aw, she is so adorable! My pup thinks I need help with the yarn skeins, always trying to bring them to me. LOL. I think it's the wool sheepy smell he likes.

Kate said...

Those lightening quilts are really fun and you are burning through construction. Looking forward to seeing what you have planned for the reds. I usually try my design ideas in EQ, so I can usually tell if something is going to work or not. But I have been surprised that what looked good in EQ, didn't in the finished quilt. Have fun experimented.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are such great scrappy quilts! Can't wait to see what you're trying with the reds. Happy Birthday to your cute puppy, too!

Delighted Hands said...

I think your lightening quilts are a great stash buster! Your little girl is a sweetie!

Linda said...

I'd love to see your puppy bringing your fabric to you - lol! She is so, so sweet.

Sara said...

The zig zag quilts are great, and I'm looking forward to your next clever idea for using up these squares. I'm sure it will be fun.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

The contrast between the purple plaid and the green fabrics is so intriguing. What a fabulous combination.

Maggie said...

Love the pictures, especially of the 7 month old! Bringing you fabric, sounds just like gifts from our cat. They are adorable when they believe that they are involved in the creative process. Have a wonderful week.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Great lightening streak quilts. You have been busy! I love purple and green together. Baby Girl Quilty Dog is just adorable!! Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!!

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Those lightening quilts seem to appear like lightening!!! You really are on a roll with those! Your sweet girl is so photogenic! Thanks for sharing her with us!

Marsha Cooper said...

One thing I enjoy linking up with the blogs is seeing what others are making--getting motivated, learning, and enjoying.