Monday, November 20, 2023

Patriotic Design wall

 I am starting to get into that End of Year Organizing thing... 

Well... not really - but it made me sound all organized like - but I really shouldn't tell fibs like that!

In emptying my parents POD there was an antique table that I wanted. Its one of those that fold down to a rectangle and up to a circle. It was my Grandmas and I just liked it - so I added it to the end of my sewing table.  ( again ---- fib - my youngest son did it for me because he rocks!!)

In doing so, I can pile more stuff!! That I will just admit to! But in the *stuff* are a few projects not done... and now...


This one ( above) A whole bunch of us made blocks and we all shared them - and the others are already in quilts, and a few people actually finished theirs. I took some blocks and obviously Mine needed to marinate... but now... its on its way to being done!!  ( and yep!! a QOV)

Next Quilts of Valor hosted a Mystery - maybe it was called "20 stars for 20 years" ?  and I started and then life, and now.... I have ideas of how to finish it up - I am not sure I am going to follow the instructions...I think I see a different way I'd like to finish it and get it up to QOV size....





The little scary part of this is... I might be getting my Sewjo back full time... or I might have just jinxed it.  


Oh and on the quilting front - I just started an Antique quilt for a client from 1880!!! Oh My Stars - I love it.. this is my favorite block....








Find me at all these places:

   
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook





Linking to:

12 comments:

Preeti said...

You thought about organizing - that is a start :-D I would not worry about truth getting in the way of a good story. Your design wall look great. This will be a gorgeous finish. Have a sew wonderful week.

Kate said...

Isn't is scary how any flat surface in the sewing room just attracts stuff? Love both your OOVs in progress. Hope you get in lots of stitching time this week. Have avery happy Thanksgiving.

Sara said...

Fabulous Quilts of Valor projects. I have been feeling a similar need to organize and finish up some things as we approach the end of the year. Hoping that's a good thing!!

Tom said...

...I like the first quilt, particularly the fabric with the white polka-dots. Happy Thanksgiving, Alycia.

Linda said...

You always have the prettiest projects going. The 20 stars for 20 years is gorgeous. I love your favorite block too on that antique quilt. Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving!

time4stitchn said...

Wonderful Red White and Blue quilts. I like how the pink became the center and your arrangement of blocks looks very nice! In fact, Awesome! I admire your quilting skill as well! Keep up the MOJO

Vicki W said...

I'm glad your Sewjo is returning!

Delighted Hands said...

There is plenty here to keep you busy at the sewing machine!!! I need to slog through my 'ideas' pile and actually make another quilt!!! I will tackle that next week! Have a great week--happy Thanksgiving!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Two more QOVs? Imagine that, Alycia! Color me NOT surprised. :P

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Both QOV quilts are lovely but quilting an antique quilt top from 1880?!?!? Please share more if you can!!!

cityquilter grace said...

very nice projects....that antique block gets me as well! oh and your thankful post really warmed my heart...thankfulness expressed by others always a blessing to me...

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

oh! I like all the blocks on your design wall! Red white and blue always look good together!