Sunday, November 19, 2023

Thankful November Week 3

 



I am one of those who says “you had me at chocolate. “

A few years ago my dad decided to buy a car exactly like mine, but he decided he better call and make sure it was OK because he was getting the exact same color as my car.

So I jokingly said yes you may buy that car as long as you bring me chocolate once a month.

yesterday, my sweet friend brought chocolate to me at church, and it made me laugh and bring back a sweet memory of my dad, giving me a bag of chocolate every so often just to remind me that it was OK that we had the same car in the same color ❤️❤️

I’m thankful for sweet friends, sweet memories - and of course chocolate!! πŸ«







I recieved this book from my Veteran friend when I was awarding quilts ( Quilts of Valor ) .

Mike said “Thought maybe you would be interested in my story. “

Yes please! My favorite thing is peoples stories.

Yesterday I was able to start his book , and needless to say …. I am almost done ! It’s fascinating.

I’m thankful that He thought of me. And I’m grateful for those who have made this country great πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ 
interested in the book? you can find it here:




From sunrise to sun almost setting … I am thankful that I get to be a part of providing good yummy beef πŸ₯© to folks .

Today was a delivery day and I loved chatting with my customers and learning more about them . And I fell in love with the little boy who told me he could eat hamburgers every day !!!




Today was a “get it done” day … and I am very thankful for days like today .

I like feeling like I got at least one thing done on my to do list✔️




I’m thankful today that this guy is home …. there were no blizzards ( which usually happens when his plane lands in a warm place )

No gates left open , animals all followed the rules …. The dog … eh not so much …

But the house is still standing !!

Ps - don’t tell him I miss him when he’s gone , I’ll never live it down!!!



My little buddy turned 5 months today . She’s also my thankful for today.

She’s wild ,crazy and a little bit of a terror - but we love her and she is sweet (when she’s sleeping - just kidding )

She likes to try everything… including hay…. Little goofball πŸ™‚



Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook
*Commissions may be earned on links



Linking to:

6 comments:

tz_garden said...

Oh, your little buddy is adorable. Enough to make up for a little craziness, I'm sure! The memory of the chocolates and your Dad is so very sweet.

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

I enjoy reading your blog and seeing your wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing all that you do. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Kate said...

What's life without a little chocolate in it? Hope Your Guy is home for a bit with the holiday coming up. Hopefully no storms this week so everyone can make it home and out again. Have a very happy Thanksgiving.

Preeti said...

You guys make such a lovely couple!

Delighted Hands said...

a beautiful post--I bought the book for my exmilitary son--he loves this kind of book.

Kathleen said...

Glad your guy is home safely and the animals didn't escape! Thank you for sharing your life with us out here in blogland!