Thursday, November 02, 2023

Scrambled Churn Dash and !! Finished ( or not) Friday!!

Happy Friday Ya'all!!!

This week my Finish is all in the Quilting!!! My Awesome QOV Sew Group has been working so hard this year. Each month someone new taught us a block and we dug in with gusto....

This one was Taught by Charlene, Bernie, and Nancy... I believe it is called a scrambled Churn Dash - but what ever it is really called - I LOVE IT!!!


Isn't that just cool!!!! My part in this particular quilt is quilting it - I used a Baptist Fan Panto - and LOVED it!!!




I used White thread on the front and Red Thread on the back - The backing is Navy blue so I thought that would make it fun to look at!!!




This will go into our Binding pile - which!! has grown! We even did binding at our last sew day ( cuz it was my choice of what to do - and what better than to pawn all the binding off on innocent quilters!!)


We bound 31 quilts, and now I have even more to pawn off ( I mean allow them ) to bind!!!

That's all for me!!

Tell  me what you have been up to?  Link up here and spread the word to encourage even more Finishes!!





*****Link UP **********************





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
*************The End*******************


Find me at all these places:

    
Etsy           Instagram           Facebook

21 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Oooh this quilt speaks to me! Beautiful job, Alycia. Have a lovely weekend.

Allison said...

That is a lovely quilt. First time I've seen a scrambled Churn Dash block - it's a great choice for a collaborative quilt. And the Baptist Fan quilting sits just right with the patchwork design :-)

Cathy said...

Oh, I love that Churn Dash variation. Might have to give that block a try.

Kate said...

A very fun quilt. Sounds like your group has been very active this year. Do you know how many quilts total the group has finished for the year?

Linda said...

What a pretty quilt, and the Baptist Fan quilting is just perfect!

grammajudyb said...

Wow! I’ve not seen that Churn Dash version. But I like it. And the striped binding is awesome. Great quilting choice too!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

always good to have another finish isn't it

Delighted Hands said...

This is an amazing use of the Churn Dash block!!!! No wonder you love it! You did a great job on the quilting, too. What a great finish!

Chantal said...

That's a lovely variation of the Churn Dash block. Love it! Too bad you are so far away because I love to do binding, believe it or not. Have a great weekend. ;^)

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I can see why you love the scrambled churn dash so much; super cute and fun!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love Churn Dash blocks, the Baptist Fan quilting adds such beautiful texture.

Vicki W said...

I love the Churn Dash done that way!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I love the scramble up churn dashes, they have a real freshness to them and they will be treasured.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a fun finish, Alycia!!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Ooh, a new-to-me quilt block, love it! Very nice quilt, and the fan quilting sets it off perfectly. It's amazing how many quilts you and your group finish! Inspiring for us all.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Alycia, that Scrambled Churn Dash is really cheerful! White thread on the top and red underneath means that your tension was perfect! I'm not sure that I could get away with that :-) Congrats on the finish.

Kathleen said...

That is a fun variation of the churn dash block. Is it made that way or it is it a made block that is cut and scrambled?

Gwyned Trefethen said...

At first I thought the pattern was a standard churn dash or monkey's wrench. Love the variation. Your choice of quilting motif looks great.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great quilt.

Sara said...

Wow!! That's an awesome Churn Dash variation, especially in the red, white, and blue.

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Scrambled churn dash looks like a great pattern for a group project.
Fabulous finish.